Stand The Rain (Feedback4Feedback!)

Boadie Beats

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I'll be leaving a lot of feedback on your music. In the meantime, let me know what you think of this, and drop links to your beats that I can also critique.

I've been making beats now for about 3 months, so any constructive criticism is welcome. I know this sample is probably played out, but I had to do it, as I've loved the song since I was a kid.

I appreciate any feedback you guys are willing to share! If you have a youtube channel, drop that and I'll be sure to subscribe!

you should add a transition between the intro and the main part, also the drums are weak imo, add more compression to them and sidechain the kick to the sample, also the bassline isn't that great, try to make the bass more punchy, nice job for a beginner though, keep it up!

Thanks S-Beats. I did try to add compression to the drums. I set the threshold to like negative 15 or so, dropped the attack low, and the release, set it to around 2.5:1. Any suggestions on what I should add or do differently? I happen to agree with you about the bassline. Unfortunately, I currently lack decent speakers and just use headphones, and I didn't notice until I played it in my car a few days after the fact.

Thanks for your feedback though! I appreciate it!

Thanks S-Beats. I did try to add compression to the drums. I set the threshold to like negative 15 or so, dropped the attack low, and the release, set it to around 2.5:1. Any suggestions on what I should add or do differently? I happen to agree with you about the bassline. Unfortunately, I currently lack decent speakers and just use headphones, and I didn't notice until I played it in my car a few days after the fact.

Thanks for your feedback though! I appreciate it!

raise the attack, it shouldn't be very low and also sidechain the kick to the sample, so it can pop out, search some tutorials about sidechaining, peace!

It has nice vibes man, in general it's a really nice track. Like the mix, it sound smooth. Keep 'em comin' !

I think the comment about sidechaining to the sample is a great idea.. Also, perhaps a bit more variety in the vocals, some chops/stutters somewhere maybe? Nothing too much, just in one section perhaps to give a different feeling to it. Otherwise very relaxed chill beat.. Enjoyed it.

Ok man I see you! I like how you worked the chops! I would suggest making the kick louder and possibly changing that snare up, the drum pattern is decent but it doesn't really MOVE me you really want those drums to pop, even if their simple!

You guys are great, this is a really awesome community! Thank you all so much for the feedback!

You know what. I was just thinking this same thing.. Nice way to learn and discover.. Glad I found it!

My music is here: Dignity And here: Stand Up by the way. Any and all feedback, technical or otherwise, is highly appreciated. If you feel so inclined to leave any, thanks!

Last edited:
Back