SNES sample-based Beat tape

frankintin

What up family,

Just produced and released a beat tape where I sampled nothing but OSTs from Super Nintendo classics (Chrono Trigger, Terminator 2, Underworld, Super Street Fighter 2).

Please leave y'all honest opinions. Let me know what y'all think! F4F! All feedbacks will be returned (any love on soundcloud will also be returned).

16BitNostalgia by Franko Rossi -> https://soundcloud.com/frankorossi/16bitnostalgia

This is really cool and very unusual. I like the way you've managed to incorporate all of those samples into one track altogether. It sounds very complete. The drums are a little thin though in my opinion. Try adding some variety in there perhaps and maybe mix them a little differently. Also, try adding a bass line, it will help your track acquire that bottom end support. Keep it up man!

Check me out and let me know what you think.

[h=3]Str8 A's Productions - Sound The Horns Remix (FREE DL) F4F[/h]
- A

Unique and I really dig it if for nothing more than the nostalgia that the samples pour in. Needs some bass, imo, but really cool idea. Maybe some eq tampering, little boost to the lows and cut on the extreme highs. Dig it.

Hey, I really how specific and your sound is. This is really important imo. The third track is the one I enjoyed the most - it brings you such a mixture of feelings. The melodies are super cool and the sounds are perfectly chosen. Keep it up! Great job man!

Dope tracks homie and sample flips. My only suggestion would be to maybe tweak your drums some so that they sound fuller in the mix and not behind the samples. Nonetheless good work homie.

Thanks so much for your feed on my track, bro; I'm here to return it!

This is such a dope idea - I'm jealous that I didn't think of it, lol. I like the samples you chose and the way you incorporated them. It sounds like you were able to nab full arps and other sections of sounds from the SNES games, which is cool. I bet you could do some clever chopping and pitching to basically just turn them into melodic instruments and then you'll have INSTRUMENTS made from these samples (which would be soooo dope).

The vibe is really good throughout - but I agree with some others that the drums are a bit thin in the mix. I think some layers and some more edgy samples laid on top of what you already have will help them come to the front and really stand out with attitude.

But this is so cool - I look forward to more of your original stuff!

Cheers!

Real nice beats, the melodies are real nice and it appears a lot of hard work has gone into getting those samples.
The last track was my favorite, imo the kick needs to be more prominent but other than that there isnt much else to criticize, maybe a bit more variation could give it some flavor?

Back