smooth f4f [criticise my mix]

Dope! Like the swing of the drums a lot! that sample is sweet my man! I like snare got a nice bottom, maybe boost some high freq so its more snappy but thats just a personal preference! good job! #BASSGOD

It's pretty good,I like the punch on the bass and the snare very much,I also like the sax sample too,the mix is also very clean,no flaws,Keep it up!

Last edited:
The intro samples really set the mood for the rest of the beat.
However, the drums you used sound more like drums that you could use for the intro. For the verses and hooks I'd switch to something with more presence and depth. Also the rhythm isn't too clearly defined, I think a rapper would have a hard time going over it.
In spite of that, you ideea was really good, you just need to spend more time on the details and on the rhythm parts.
Keep making music and keep improving!

The thing I love about music is how much differently people can hear the same thing. I had to listen 4 times because the first two I kept hearing how I would have wanted to flip the sample. (I would have taken an epic banger that Nas or Jay could spit approach).

I like the sample choice and the sounds selection was top notch. Mix is also tight. I really think that sample calls for either epic or smooth, and you took the latter approach. I dig it. It carves out its own place. My once crit here is the same as the poster above me. The percussion never fully kicks in to me. Sounds like it wants to build to a steadier rhythm but never arrives. It would take an eccentric rapper to go in on this. They could take it over with the right style. And if that's what you were going for, it was done well.

The main melody loop is really nice , with a good taste of hi freqs.
I would prefer a different drum pattern though , and more crispy.
Stay Creative !

First of all, this is nasty!

Two things I'd change:
- Either use a different snare sample or try to put some reverb on the snare, it just kind of stands out from the rest of the beat.
- Also, when the hi-hat comes in, try making it double-time. It would carry the beat along better

Besides those things, I think you put together a hell of a beat. I gave you a like and a follow.

The mix sounds alright. The drums could be busier though as the track progresses. The sample is super dope. I think I may have flipped that one before. It sounds familiar. The breakdown like thing at the end doesn't sound good in my opinion. It just sounds like a mess of sporadic kick drum and sample with no reason..

When you get around to it, check out my latest: Reminds me of Cotton Candy for some reason (F4F)

Back