Sampling Folklore

beats.pro

Hey guys, I have decided to use a different approach of showcasing my music. Instead of the audio track, I have created this lame video. I made beat based on a folklore sample. I would appreciate your opinion on it. It is just a demo idea for now. Thank you.

dope beat and a dope way of showcasing it, pretty entertaining vid, how you flipped the sample is dope great job man keep it up

Nice use of the sample !! Kick is really nice and warm , i like the overall you did in the melody , seems you know what you are doing .
I would prefer the snare with more reverb
Keep it up !

Great stuff man. I like what you did with the sample, very creative. And an even better way of showcasing it with the video. Good work man

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the feedback. Here are a few tips for blending the kick and bass (answering DAHTrump's question).

In my opinion, blending the kick and bass well mostly depends on the sounds you pick, because each sound has different characteristics and hits in a different frequency range. Here is what I usually do:

-I'd try to pick a kick and bass that does not sound similar or hit in a similar frequency range - you can check that with any frequency analyzer.
-I always sidechain the kick against the bass, so that the kick still hits hard and does not conflict with the bass.
-If the bass is very punchy (sounds like it has a kick in it), I'd try finding a kick that will only emphasize the punch, that would be something, which does not have a lot of low-end frequencies (or I will cut them) and leave it hit only around the 90-120 hz. That's what I did in this demo beat.

Hope this helps :)

Feedback returned as well.

This was great, creative use of that sample and it's mixed well. I felt that pad/saw hit thing felt out of place, but everything else was really nice. Great work honestly.

Back