Sampled Boom Bap Beat [F4F]

I like the beat, but if your going for a dilla sound then you need to beef those drums up a lot, nothing about them made me think somebody is about to spit a hot 16. You gotta layer your drums and maybe add a little bit of parallel compression. The melody is crazy and the drums have boom bap potential but you gotta beef them up way more

thanks man i appreciate the advice. gonna layer some more sounds on top of those drums and reupload.

edit: just came across the perfect samples to layer and already finished the drums. gonna reupload now. really appreciate the advice ^^

Last edited:
I love that keyboard sample you used, gives a really nice feel to the song. I do think it could use a little more variety. Maybe try adding a couple of instruments to take the spotlight off the keys in some parts. The use of that downshifted vocal sample is on point and goes really well with the beat. The drums are great, they sound like they aren't quantized and it makes the song have a much more natural tone. Really like this fam, you have an ear for what works together, keep this coming

Let me know what you think of my latest track
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...h-etc/new-mayfly-track-tomb-f4f-100-a-525238/

Back