Probably My Best Beat SO FAR!!! (F4F %100)

JayProd

Tell me what you think fam! I went back to sampling soul for this one, and I'm extremely proud of it. Leave your links as well so I can return the favor!

dooope. i kept waiting to hear "cyhiii" lol. Really only thing i would chnge unless it was intentional is the gate on the sample at the begining could be automated out for just when the drums come in

this is really dope. I love the side chaining of the sample to the drums and the overall rumble of the sub bass. Really reminds me of some 9th wonder type stuff.

nice job sampling here..mixed well.. Im not to big on the old kanye like sampling ( I think its a little played out ) but you did a well done effort

Hello,
I am usually fan of sampled/boombapesque beats, but I totally hate this "high pitched" voices... It is just me, but hearing chimpmunk voices likes in the cartoons just make me laugh...

Apart from that, I like the beat and how you built it.
Another remark, is the kick, it has a boomy resonance that is a bit annoying, at least on my headphones, as it compromises the overall intelligibillity of the beat. I think the mix could be improved, to clean the low end.

The same beat but with a non chipmunk voice, I would totally dig it! :)

For feedback if you have time: F4F: "In your head" by FrozenjaZz

that's some godly sampling youve done there man! Mustve taken a long time shiit.

please checkout my new trap-style rap beat :)
https://soundcloud.com/kieran-clarke-orbiitt/trap-style-rap-beat-orbiitt-jailbreak
This is solid, though there are somethings you can do to improve. But to get the positives out of the way, the drums are nice! That kick is well executed (could be turned up a little bit though) and the overall pattern worked very well. I also enjoyed the background instrumentation like the rising effect, as well as the bells. But where I feel there can be some improvement is that there could be more instrumentation added to make this more bolder, and more strong as an instrumental. Some synths or a thick bass line could help. But htis has potential my man!

Back