Piano RNB/Hip Hop BANGER "On That Dough"

Love the filter sweep on the intro, grabbed my attention right away. The bass and kick really drive hard and sound tight. The overall arrangement and vibe is really nice, there's a couple crackles here and there (like at 1:16) like the filter is driving the master track too loud. Overall though, it's really solid and keeps up the energy throughout the whole track, good stuff!

Thank you, and yeah I can hear it too. I don't really know how to fix it, I guess in future I may try messing around more with the limiter. :4theloveofgod:

Last edited:
real chill. I like the vibe - the picture fits the mood of the beat very well.

OP sorry I know this is slightly off topic: I'm have to learn a EQ tip or two from you. . . how do you get your drums so clear yet punchy. It's very powerfully crispy.

real chill. I like the vibe - the picture fits the mood of the beat very well.

OP sorry I know this is slightly off topic: I'm have to learn a EQ tip or two from you. . . how do you get your drums so clear yet punchy. It's very powerfully crispy.

Thank you! What I normally do is set my Kick somewhere in the between -8 or -7db, then I open up the parametric eq 2 in fruity loops and take out some of the really low and muddy frequencies along with unnecessary high end frequencies. Lastly, I use the fruity multiband compressor with the "Bright" preset. This will boost the kick; I try to then make sure that the kick isn't going above -6db. After all of that, I make sure that none of my instruments db is higher then my kick, your beat volume will be low when you use this method, mastering it will bring the volume up. I'm not saying this is the best method or even one of the best, but it works for me. :)

Last edited:
Thank you! What I normally do is set my Kick somewhere in the between -8 or -7db, then I open up the parametric eq 2 in fruity loops and take out some of the really low and muddy frequencies along with unnecessary high end frequencies. Lastly, I use the fruity multiband compressor with the "Bright" preset. This will boost the kick; I try to then make sure that the kick isn't going above -6db. After all of that, I make sure that none of my instruments db is higher then my kick, your beat volume will be low when you use this method, mastering it will bring the volume up. I'm not saying this is the best method or even one of the best, but it works for me. :)

Real insightful. I will have to try this, appreciate it. Props. 100 100 100

this is so sick!!!!! best beat i've heard on here today. mixing is great, melody is amazing, beautiful beat man. appreciate the feedback on my thread~!<3

Back