New "MF DOOM inspired" beat..F4F

Dan Smackroyd

It's been a little while since I've posted. Lately it's been hard to find the time to sit down and really work on something all the way through so I've been mostly just figuring out new little things but not finishing anything completely.

That being said, I've been listening to a lot of MF DOOM (the man is so light years ahead rap wise) and I thought I would kind of give his kind of production style a go.

Any and all feedback appreciated. Drop me your thoughts and I will get back to you as soon as I get a chance. Drop a link below and I'll return the favor.

Sir Is "the DADDY" by D A Juarez | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks fam. I appreciate you taking the time to give it a listen.

And damn bro, that shit is really soulful. The beat is simple. Also a nice choice of sample and the drums fit nicely as well as the 808’s.

Sometimes it can be a drag to listen to people’s stuff on this site but I actually really enjoyed this.

Really nice work homey.

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I was toying around with a few different drum samples, both stuff that I chopped up and stuff I just pulled from different drum kits or whatever.
Honestly I often get frustrated trying to sample drums off of and mp3 when the audio quality often isn’t up to par.
Sometimes I can use a compressor and EQ them to make them sound nice and other times I fail miserably. Other times I’ll end up stacking the sample I chopped with a sample from a kit and call it a day.
Hopefully I can move away from that as time goes by but for right now it’s beneficial, when I have an idea to not have to fuck around with tweaking every snare and kick as I’m putting something together.
Thanks for the input though.

Back