New Horrorcore Beat "808 Terror" F4F

AstetiK

Just finished up this dark beat in the style of rappers like Tech N9ne, Brotha Lynch Hung, Hopsin, etc.

Slow ominous intro builds into a frantic trap-like verse, then switches up to a dubstep influenced chorus. (first attempt at anything dubstep. Not perfect but the song called for it IMO).

All feedback will be returned.

Only one sample was used in this beat...can anyone guess what it's from??

PS: Anyone know the deal with SoundCloud embedding? It usually works, but it's not for some reason. I noticed this on all other threads

Last edited:
Oh shit man, really dig that piano in the intro and verses. Mix is clean af as well. Second drop around 2:47 with the synth wobble goes pretty well with the mix. Lotta stuff goin on and it still seems like theres plenty of room for some rap. Well done man.

First off the build up is dope af! idk how i feel about that bass though, the mix is pretty clean, the drum patterns are nice, but i feel like the drums aren't as good as the piano, The kick could be harder and i think they could have more pop and be more prominent/louder in the mix but other then that this is A1 Great work! you got yourself a follower!

I would appreciate some feed on this new track!

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ong-last-f4f-asap-sol-ra-514017/#post49956496

- Sol-RA

Thanks for the feedback man, just returned the favor. I'm glad you like the buildup and I see what you mean about the kick. It was actually an intentional decision to lowpass the kick and keep it as just a subtle punchy attack for the bass, so that the 808 is more prominent. Maybe I'll go back and mess around with it a little bit, but even with that tight kick I'm confident that it bumps!

The different piano loops are cool and I dig the overall energy of this track. The rolls are on point especially the transition snares. I'd like to hear some more instrumentation during the chorus on top of the accents you put in which already sound good - just to really flesh it out along with the piano.

dude this beat is ****in sick. It is really clean, I have zero comment on the mix except well done. I like the little vocal part that comes in and out. seriously everything sits perfectly together. If I had anything criticizing it would be in defining the hook. Thats not even criticizing cuz i dont rap but im not sure what was meant to be the hook. I know sometimes i make beats that dont even have a part thats neccasarily a hook. A lot of eminem/dre songs dont have the beat change for a hook so it doesnt even matter really. Good job mate!!!!

First off, I really like the use of space. The slower tempo combined with the selectiveness of the 808's is perfect. The drums crack and the piano keeps the momentum going forward but it has enough space that vocals would sit on top of it really well. The mixing is spot on, I can't really imagine it sounding much cleaner. Overall, it's super tight I can't really think of anything too constructive to add. I thought it was a bit longer than it needed to be but it still didn't feel like it was too repetitive or dragging on or anything... sounds dope!

Thanks bro! I definitely left it open for vocals, especially with the scarce 808s. I was inspired by a Rittz song to do that lol

Thanks man just returned the feed. And good call that's exactly who I can hear over it...just wish I could find some rappers who are in the same boat

Man this is sick! Tbh when I read about the dubstep drop my expectations weren't too high but it actually sounds really nice.
Dark vibe is on point, only thing that's missing is Tech N9ne spitting on it lol
Keep it up!

Just from reading others comments I knew the intro was going to be lit and you did not disappoint fam straight fire. I listened a few times & still listening. The blend of Genre is done perfectly. This is the type of music I try to create myself. The mix is perfect as well as the overall song structure. I'm well entertained all the way through, with proper intro, body, and perfectly timed transitions. That edgy bass stab is ridiculous. This is a banger homie and I have no input that would make it better than what it already is. Only thing I can say is keep grinding and making joints like this G. Rick

damn! really good. I like the piano, it's great, and it gives that horror vibe! the effects you use are well placed. I like the instrumentation you added. mix is good, I think that 808 could be harder, but that's me. the breakdown is nice. nice variations throughout the beat. good job!

Back