Neo-Soul/Jazz type beat. [F4F]

I must say I'm not a fan. I like that you take the neo-soul/jazz appraoch but to make the dissonance work you need to have some consonance. If you haven't already check out Jeff Schneider, he explains the stuff well. Also, RadiumOffical wasn't talking about clipping but whole mix down. Instruments don't have their own space and drums feel relatively weak compared to others. My favorite thing of the whole beat is sounds selection (flute overshadows the rest a bit).

I'm sorry for being harsh, I don't mean to shit on your music. If you focus it's gonna come together soon, pick good samples and study jazz harmony. If something isn't clear I can exapand on it over PM, so feel free to message me.

Mycelial Cords - Shadow | Freddie Gibbs x Flatbush Zombies

I must say I'm not a fan. I like that you take the neo-soul/jazz appraoch but to make the dissonance work you need to have some consonance. If you haven't already check out Jeff Schneider, he explains the stuff well. Also, RadiumOffical wasn't talking about clipping but whole mix down. Instruments don't have their own space and drums feel relatively weak compared to others. My favorite thing of the whole beat is sounds selection (flute overshadows the rest a bit).

I'm sorry for being harsh, I don't mean to shit on your music. If you focus it's gonna come together soon, pick good samples and study jazz harmony. If something isn't clear I can exapand on it over PM, so feel free to message me.

Mycelial Cords - Shadow | Freddie Gibbs x Flatbush Zombies

Alright, that's very honest.
I thought it was sounding pretty good though but i somehow can't hear if my own music sounds good or bad usually.

Back