Mycelial Cords - Frivolous Assembly | Earl Sweatshirt x Schoolboy Q

I uploaded this one two months ago but didn't get much feedback on it. Dark vibe, with creepy vocals and hevily processed harp. Share your work!

The hi hat sounds in this are awesome. I mainly think the kick and snare could be more aggressive. But it is well arranged. I think the sparse parts a lot of rappers would find hard to flow over but if thats not the goal super solid. Nice and eerie.

you are an fan of big reverbs :-D i like this crazy sounds, It all works very good together. good job man

Really nice vibe and it's pretty experimental too but not in an abrasive way. I was able to put this on and was enchanted by the sounds. This is a very well layered instrument - keep it up. I have nothing to add.

Feedback on this please You Want Help [F4F]

The way you mixed it is dope it's trippy. Only thing I'd say is make the snare a bit more present when it's playing with all the other instruments

I was trying an effect (I'm on Reason) on a free trial basis that splits audio by aplitude into three bands (let's say -inf to -40dB goes output 1, -39dB to -10dB output 2 etc.), then I've selected some sounds, played a chord progression, the sounds were picked on random, sent the wwith the effect to different distortion units, effects, exported, chopped and that's how I've got the main sample. Decided that trap inspired rhythm would work so added that.

Back