On my 90's ish ****

Listened to the first track "Righteous Minds." I'm listening on a portable beach speaker so I'm not about to really critique the stereo field, but here's what I'm hearing otherwise:

I like the tone of the piano, good job mixing. The delays on the piano get to be too much.. seems like it should be reserved for certain parts. I feel like you could have been a little more creative with the chord progression. Would have been nice to hear a change in pace.. the same basic vibe plays throughout the song, so it doesn't feel like the song actually progresses into anything. In my opinion a song is best when it evokes emotions from you, and for me, that happens when the arrangement is such that different parts of the song bring you to a different feeling.. this kind of sounded like a really long intro because the flow never changed.. Wasn't really a fan of the snare you used, but that's just a taste thing. I liked the kick.

Overall I'd say your beats could benefit from changing up patterns and sounds in different parts of the song. Otherwise you seem to have a good taste for tone because the sonic balance seemed to be on point. Not bad.

Dope beat. Is it samples or are you playing everything? I really feel the drums the most they are on point. The only thing that didn't fit if you ask me is the I think it's called a flex. Everything else is perfect even the scratch comes in right when it should and you didn't overdue it.

Sorry for the late reply my boy I've had no days off at work.

Back