My 1st Chop [F4F]

I swear I was just listening to the track the sample is from but I can't think of it... Anyways, the beat is pretty dope. I like the sound selections and chopping. Since you're making something a little more classic sounding it might help to put a little more bounce into your drums. If you make the hi-hats slight softer whenever the kick and snare is hitting at the same time it'll give it a little more character as the hi-hat will appear to "fill" the space in-between hits. Just something to try next time, I've found that little subtle things like that in the drums will go a long ways. Overall, pretty solid beat and a great start if you're just getting into chopping samples like that.

Here's a link if you could return the feed, thanks!
www.futureproducers.com/forums/prod...mcees-fresh-flip-classic-dilla-sample-533684/

I like the drum arrangement and the boom bap feel is def present with the chops. I would suggest a nice bass line to give some more life to the beat. Try to make those drums knock harder as well so it really makes the head nod. But the chops are dope reminds me of MF DOOM/RZA.

Really good my man, I personally would have treated the open hi-hats sound and other elements differently for a different presentation of the sound in the mix but it's just my taste, keep it up!

turn hats down and I would change the snare, also calm down with the undefeated samples on the drop lol.. or just turn them down its off putting if someone would be rappign on this ... the intro was pretty good sounding! nice sample choices.. make the drums more punchy too.. also have some sort of breakdown bit where it gives my ears time to rest and go back in lol .. Nice for a second beat!! Keep it up rtf peace https://www.futureproducers.com/for...th-etc/yourself-outss-ft-chloe-opondo-533590/

Yea this has a nice dope nostalgic feeling, I felt the chops were a bit choppy at the second phrase but overall, you captured a good essence with the sample -- respect!

nice chops for your first beat, i suggest adding more compression to the kick and lowering the volume of the open hat, it doesn't sound right, keep working man!

haha that fl studio intro. :P but theres other stuff in there i think. This beat is hard! haha it's light hearted but a real, It's a good hip hop beat. the sample chops go on a little long though and lose their uniqueness after a while. Keep them special, dont overplay them haha, but cool tune.

Listening to your track now buddy, for a first chop this isn't bad at all. As far as advice, I think both the closed and open hats have a bit too much high end...I'd definitely EQ/clip some of that high end out there. The bass could also be a bit deeper imo...but compared to me when I first started this is awesome. Keep at it homie, and always remember...it's the small things that build over time that really flesh out a beat and makes them more clean and crisp.

Back