Mobb Deep sounding beat - 'Infamous' Returning all feedback.

Hey fam, this is a little darker than most of my tracks due to working around a sample instead of my usual method of starting with my own melody and chords. I think it turned out alright, but as always I appreciate any feedback and will return any given if you leave a link. Peace.

YouTube

Hey man, awesome beat. The vibe is really cool, the sample is great and it´s really well mixed. I think there is a bit too much going on with the drums, and there is too much swing. However the overall beat is pretty dope.
Here´s my beat, would really appreciate some feedback. Cheers:)
Vanilla Sky-Chill Trap Beat (27th May 2019) by Kairos | Free Listening on SoundCloud
I actually thought the drums were pretty tsme by today's standards. Different strokes for different folks though. Seems my mixing is less shitty these days at least. Thanks for checking it out sir.

Hey man, awesome beat. The vibe is really cool, the sample is great and it´s really well mixed. I think there is a bit too much going on with the drums, and there is too much swing. However the overall beat is pretty dope.
Here´s my beat, would really appreciate some feedback. Cheers:)
Vanilla Sky-Chill Trap Beat (27th May 2019) by Kairos | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Your mix sounds really clean in my ear buds. Bass sounds a little quiet, but not terribly sp and it may be louder on different headphones and speakers. Only thing I might do is add a beidge or chorus section with some different chords and melodies. But then I would say that about my last beast as well so...

Sample is great, def has that mid-to-late 90 east coast vibe. Like #2 my only issue is the with the drum but the opposite of what he said: The perc is good, that snare fits perfectly with gritty feel of the sample but kick leaves much to be desired since it's only hitting once every bar on the first beat so I feel there's too little going on with those drums...fix that and you've got a banger.

Can you leave me some feedback on my thread: Sad Piano Beat, feedback in 24 hrs or less.

Sample is great, def has that mid-to-late 90 east coast vibe. Like #2 my only issue is the with the drum but the opposite of what he said: The perc is good, that snare fits perfectly with gritty feel of the sample but kick leaves much to be desired since it's only hitting once every bar on the first beat so I feel there's too little going on with those drums...fix that and you've got a banger.

Can you leave me some feedback on my thread: Sad Piano Beat, feedback in 24 hrs or less.
I agree more with your take on the drums. I am trying to work with self imposed deadlines and the drums are rather sparse as a result. Not sure how they could be busy with a single kick per bar. Thanks for checking it out.

Back