Imaginary (Beautiful/Melodic/Hard/Dreamy) - F4F

Rogey

What's gucci FP finished this off today, lmk what you think. All feedback will be returned.

Beautiful work on this.. really enjoyed it. Checked your other work just on principle. Very much enjoyed it. Love the vibe on your tracks. They sound very well produced and clean.

Not too much to say on the overall production, besides I love the nature recordings and background elements you add to build the ambience. The melodies were beautiful and everything melded well together. I highly enjoyed the dynamic range, and I also LOVED your final build up, left a comment there.

Thanks for sharing, and your feedback!

Chill vibes here the vocals in the beat really did it for me. The transition in the middle was cool too. The 808 could have been better but overall its a nice track keep at it.

Like the piano and the breath sound at the intro to the second part of the track hats are nice too, not crazy about the snare sample. Good job its nice and chill.

I really like the intro and the way you transitioned into the verse. However i'm not too sure about the drums, they seem off beat to the piano notes and the chords.
If you used a sample for those piano notes, make sure they are on beat before you lay anything else down. Play the metronome while playing through the sample to begin with and make sure the piano notes either hit the metronome ticks or are kinda in between at the right point, but generally some of the main anchor notes will hit the metronome ticks so look out for that.

Also the chords feels really muddy and it's EQ conflicts with the 808. When you're mixing a song with an 808 make sure no sound is below 200 hz except the kick can have a bit of it's sound in that area, but i normally cut off sounds from the kick at 50 hz, that is if there's an 808. 808's need lots of room, so make sure the sounds you have are high pass filtered and just give each sound frequency space. But generally it was all very muddy, due to low end conflicts.

TL:DR : Amazing concept, this could be a hit beat if the mixing was executed properly, and if the drums were on beat.

Last edited:
I like this vibe really calming, maybe a little less filter on the piano? just an opinion, maybe a different drum rhythm too like the zelda fairy sample in this and those vocals are cool too. Where did you get those? Nice work over all. Keep up the good work.

Back