I want to give you feedback (HIP HOP tracks or instrumentals) :) - Drop a link

24FITMAN

Hip Hop Magnate
What's up y'all my names Quote i've been doing the music thing for over 20 years hip hop is the the DNA! I will give honest feedback. To check my level i dropped a link, I write, produce & mix my music. My strength is lyrics, flow & production. I've studied a lot about mixing & mastering but i consider myself amateur there but I can make it sound right. LOVE YALL HIP HOP HEADS!

Last edited:
Mcmonigal23 - Trap Beat
Personal opinion: I would turn the Bells down about .5-1 DB and layer the Plucking with a few more instruments to give more life to it) it sounds a little to casio. The drum line is nice, hats, snare kick. I like the drops. Beat got my head nodding. Overall good work on that fam.

Kdanger - Ratatat
Personal Opinion: I decided to listen to more than one track so this is a summary of your skills. (As far as mixing & mastering I recommend using youtube and study it. The more you put into it the more you get, it takes a lot of ear work and a foundation of basics)
Second player: Going through the playlist Second Player seems to be the one I can listen to. I feel like you are more connected to this style. There is more of a FEELING A FLOW vs just talking a flow. Study how you felt when you made this track and compare it to the others. I wasn't moved by the previous tracks and to me it was because you wasn't all the way in it. In Second Player i feel like you 80% in it. Put less effort into it and more of a energy into it. As an example "Superloser" i feel like you wrote the joint then went right to recording it like ASAP. I think the production has a lot to do with it because its very amateur sounding, very dry not enough feel for you. Make like 10-15 tracks to instrumentals you LOVE, that give you the chills. Write rhymes to those cuz that will help you find more of yourself. Keep doing your thang fam, hope this helps.

Last edited:
Musicbyme
Cool As F***
CATCHY! Very good job with this one, i did review it before but had more time to listen & watch today. Some of the sample punching (especially around 1:00) could use some work, its not bad but I thing tapering in the front end and back end of the sample would help. That would take some wave editing work. I love how you bring that synth voice in at 1:30 and then drop in the beat. I give you an A for song structure. The video came out great working with what tools you have. Lot of effort in that. I would consider trimming some time off, I started to lose interest at about 3:00 but then the "Comment part about Sly stone" kept me there. But again lost listening interest after about 30 more seconds even though i knew there was more progression coming. Maybe 2 different tracks, a radio edit for the regular listener and then the full track for the real hardcore fans. Keep up the good work fam.

Last edited:
YoungGeneral
My personal opinion: A+ on the audio the track is engineered well. You did real well with the song structure. You sound good and your flow is on point. I would do some research on annunciation tips to help you cut your words up smoother (sometimes when your flow speeds up your words clash). Now of course that's me being extra critical if you looking to continue to grow your skill. You sound comfortable and natural on the mic. On this track the one improvement would be from :58-1:04 the ad-libs are taking up a lot of space and taking away from your flow. That particular part is where I fell you need to tighten the flow up and do some pan work (panning Left / Right with ad-lib) Overall is a good track, easy to listen to and mixed down real well. As an emcee myself my suggestion is to focus on expanding your mind & vocabulary, make it a mission to challenge yourself to be different. Keep doing your thing fam.

046oh
I have trouble feeling this, personally i need a constant. This is like being spun on a roundabout and then trying to walk. There are elements of the instrumental that have a good sound. Maybe some type of drum line up there or something. I wish I could give you more but I can't listen any more. Keep working at it fam.

athagreat
Personal Opinion: I dig it first thing I would do is pump up the volume on the baseline sample, that's the cake. Maybe pan the guitar to the right about 15-25 and bring the volume down about 1 - 2 db. I'm not really feeling the melody of the second guitar. Drum line is nice and transitions are tight. As an interlude this is a great track, for vocals, i think its a little to busy. I would simplify it if your looking for someone to lace the track with lyrics. The 1st guitar that comes in at 1:09 could be the hook and the main sample for the emcee or vocalist. And maybe save the other stuff for the end of the song and compress it into a 15-30 second breakdown as the song fades out. Hope this helps, keep doing your thing fam, you can be as great as you want to be. You have the talent just keep practicing and never forget why your making music.

Last edited:
wildinout8
Those drums are POPPING until 0:35 I love where you went with it, making it like a live set. The only issue I would have with it, is that it's off rhythm, maybe not off beat but rhythm. So I would suggest manually adjusting the spacing and really getting it to sound natural tighten & losen. This can take a little time depending on what tools you are using to make it happen, but i think once you tighten that up that drum line is 100% official. And when I am providing this information I'm thinking from an emcee standpoint merely for flow purpose. At 1:37 I like it but I would take the majority of it out and just keep 1:48 out "I know you can break it" And leave room for the lyricist to create a hook. Or rearrange it a little so that you can clearly make out what's being said. I also suggest going back n fourth from just the drum line in the intro to the set style you got mainly when there is just the main sample going. That sample at 2:09 is tight too. Overall great work brother.

Last edited:
architec - Missed your post my B but here's my feedback
Real smooth Hip Hop. Only thing I would do is work on getting Biggie's vocal's to sound right with some EQ & Compression. I really dig it fam, keep doing your thing.

Back