metric
metric
metric
metric
metric
metric

Hi Joshua,

I checked the beat, below what I think:

Brass - really weak sounding like a first found free VST plugin (no offence and doesn't mean for good plugins you have to pay), but here I would recommend some Kontakt libraries or Splice sounds. Also add some diversity to the arrangement, because this is one and the same pattern all over the beat

808 - I would change the sound as well, it doesn't have any impact

I think you made a good job with hi-hat pattern, it's cool and works good for this beat.

If you would like to check my beats please find them in my signature. I would appreciate if you would let me know what you think.

Hey thanks for your feedback. That's not actually brass it's a sample that I made from scratch. I took a plucked string chorded it and warped it till it sounded like that. I didn't know what else to do with it, really disappointed in how it turned out. But we live and learn. I'm concerned with making my own sounds so I don't think Splice or Kontakt would align with my goals.

I listened to your tracks, you've got really dope ideas. I like the most recent one with the choir. Your mixes are all over the place sometimes. Sometimes too thin in the middle, lack of warmth. Or too much high frequencies. Or not enough bass coming in. I think with some balance in your mixes your sound could really develop.

OK, I was listening on other system and it really sounded like brass, but I now hear the difference. If you did that sound from existing one then you got more difficult way, but if you keep doing that I think you will develop your skills quicker. Cool stuff for me is also using some waveforms as a wave in a synthesizer, if you like synthesis then I really recommend Serum for this kind stuff.

Thank you for checking my tracks. I feel the same, therefore, I will be working more also using some tutorials to get some hacks how to improve the mix. As you said, we live and learn;)

Back