I made this for a beat battle should I have won?

Chrisgalactic

The theme for the battle was to make a lofi hip hop beat. I will return the feedback within 24 hours! Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
This is straight. pretty clean. needs a bass line. Love the groove. i think you sould have used more of an auto filter on the same. the second part is hot. very good chops.

Love the build up on this beat - second part of the beat really builds without the overall tone of the song changing, which is really cool.

I really dig this one. The overall mix of boombap and the sample feel pretty oldschool and i like it.
The drums are banging pretty nice and your mix sounds good to me. Keep it up!

Hard to say if you should've won without hearing all the other entries tbh. For a contest entry my main issue that this track is basically 2 different beats.

Frankly I liked second beat better....the drums were banging, eq'ed just right and fit with the sample. Sample chops were perfect! I didn't care for the bass...idk if it was the key think but it didn't fit with the rest of the track. First beat was good, again really good drum work.

Here's a link to my latest beat, can you leave me some feedback: Old School Hip Hop Beat

Back