Hip Hop mix with EDM feel

J.SUL

Hello Everyone,I just released a demo track for you ears. Let me know what you think about it. I would truly appreciate suggestions on what I can do to improve that particular mix whether it be involving more elements, mixing it more, different sounds, etc. I want to know it all. Also be sure to drop tags of your work so I can like and comment on them as well. Thank you!

It's a two part track. Second part start at the 2:25 mark.

The link is under my signature!

Last edited:
Really diggin the section that starts at 2:15 with those like rhodes keys. Really liking how smooth sounding they are yet still have that dark overtone with the dark track. Not really feeling the mix on the vocals, a bit too washy/muddy and too much reverb, or maybe just too up front in the mix -- might work better a bit further back in the track but up front they overpower everything else.

It's a cool sounding track, unique melancholy sound but I'd definitely work on where the vocals are in the mix and put in a long fade out, the abrupt end was unexpected, a track like this needs a nice, long dissipation. That's where I'd start -- keep at it man

Part 2 in def better to me! Nice job there although mixing could be better! Your drums fit with the overall track! One think i don't like is the extra synth like an electric guitar stab! Maybe a look for a better sound there!! Nevertheless nice job bro! Keep going!

I like the feel of the instruments. The track felt like it was missing something.. But it just may be my opinion. The bass also seemed a little out of place/tune, but overall it felt like an experimental and creative track. Nice work

Back