First Beat Please Give Feed Back

Tdot0312

I've really only been producing for a few weeks now, and this is the first beat I came up with. I want to know what your thoughts are on it. Not just the good, but the bad also, from sounds to mixing wise. I'd greatly appreciate it.

hey man! awesome job starting your production! a few pointers i can make right way is reading up on eq and compression, as those two things will make your drums stand out a lot of more and make your track sound bigger.

i like the dark vibe you've got going, but the sounds get a little repetitive. try switching it up on transitions and using different notes. learning a bit about music theory will help you more than anything when it comes to making interesting tracks.

but the most important thing is to keep going, even when you don't feel like it some days. just suck it up and keep practicing and practicing and in no time you'll be there making huge ass beats that bang off the walls.

Dope first beat! Definitely way better than my first beat, could use some mixing work tho. Try turning down the flute a bit and like SXMPLED said read up on eq and compression or watch some tutorials on youtube.
Also melody wise it gets kinda repetitive so I'd try to add some other instruments to this.
But again, not bad at all for your first beat, keep it up bro!

Good start to your producing career homie. I'm going to break this down for you into categories.

Composition
I think the track is pretty good in this category for now. It has a definite hook, a good lead up, and some verse parts. I like the drum progression you have going on, it's your biggest strength in this track. You definitely need some more instruments in the mix, it sounds very basic with just the flute and sawy synth you have in the back. Try adding some keys or something in the mid frequencies to fill up the gaps. And also try playing around with the flute notes. Right now it's too basic with just the 2 note progression you have.

Mixing
A lot of work needs to be done in this category. The flute is too loud in the track, and over powers everything else you have going on in the song. Bring out the drums and the trumpets you have out more. Next, after you get all the instruments at the right volumes, you need to start working on the EQ and compression settings of each instrument to make them pop out more. Look up mixing tutorials on YouTube to help you out with this.

Overall, it's good for a starting track, but it still needs a lot of work, and you still have a lot of learning to do. Don't worry, last year I was in your same position. The community here is great and we will all help you improve as a producer. Good luck on your future tracks homie!

Here's my thread if you want to check it out. These are all drafts and are unfinished, but any feedback would be awesome.

I remember my first beat lol. Better sound selection and instruments will come with time. The important thing is to finish the beat instead of leaving it as a loop not to be used. Keep going. The beat was good, you should add more layers to it. Find another sound that will go well with the piece. As long as you like it that's all that matters.

Please listen to my beat and comment https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dirty-south-etc/chill-summer-vibe-f4f-503035/

Good start, just the mixing that needs work a little. To repeat what others have said above - The flute is too loud, probably needs more harmonic reinforcement by using additional instruments on top of it. In need of risers and fills to articulate the drums in order to add interest to the track. Risers/noise/effects needed to give anticipation and flow to transition between sections. Keep it up though, practise is the key to mastery.

I'll start with the good. I enjoyed the instruments you used, and felt that they complimented each other fairly well. The drums (from what I heard) were pretty decent.

Now for the bad. For starters, the drums are way too quiet in the overall mix. You could barely hear the kick and snare, and overall lack in punch/bounce. The melody gets repetitive very quickly, and there isn't much going on besides the horn (?) that is looped throughout the whole track. I also think that it is too loud in the mix and overshadows the other instruments that are backing the overall beat. I get this is your first beat, so I wasn't expecting much, but keep practicing, you will get better.

Check me out when you can: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-my-second-ep-jay-prod-lovely-vibes-502299/3/

Hey .. what's going on?! So .. A few things that might help:
1. Your drums need work … Try mixing them so they shine a little better - Use an EQ to make the mid freq stronger, more audible.
2. The same flute riff is going on throughout the whole thing - Try to change it up a little bit, or add another few instruments.

Check me out - Free Download - And Holla if you need help with the mixing

Damn! for a first beat this was actually pretty cool
But yeah like most people already said, it is WAY too repetitive as a stand alone beat. That being said, with vocals and some good production, this could be a hit. Dr Dre also used 4-10 sounds on some of his tracks. Or when I listen it seems like it but his production is DOPECREDIBLE!
and the drums are weak on this track. But that will also get better with time. And other than EQ and Compression you can also double a sound. So if you are using a drum sample, kick sample just double it or use a variation of Kicks to get that bass and snap! :) and so on and so on. With time comes know how

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...t-moa-wise-feedback-please-497582/?highlight=

good first song definitely way better than what I started with, i agree with what everyone else said just be patient and give music the time it deserves and you'll see progress in no time. I also want to commend you on putting yourself out there like this if I had done the same when I first started I would've made a lot more progress with my music.

Back