fire f4f [criticise my mix]

The piano is a little too upfront in the mix -- I'd also work on fattening up that clap and snare, they sound very thin in the mix. Try layering them up and work on different processing effects to give them more power because imo they sound very stock (honestly, all the instruments in this sound like they're just presets with very little processing). I'd say before you try to get your mix sounding right, continue working on getting your instruments to sound fuller and more polished, because that will also change how you mix different elements when you start finding the processing techniques you like on different aspects

Keep at it man

Return the feed:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ype-beat-set-weird-video-500667/#post49907966

ohh when that kick comes in tho haha. The vocal samp sounds a little discordant with the melody butim assuming that's a preference! ;) hahahaha I like this. thae change up is dope. I would pull the snare up a lil bit for my taste.

Thanks for the feed!

[It all] sounds very thin
The kick drum in the beginning in my opinion can use a low pass filter to cut off some of that high end. Just to make the kick drum have a little bit more of boom sound. The Snare and Clap are WAYYYY to thin. This can be achieved by layering, EQ, or compression (or all of them) and a overall slight volume increase. The piano is your lead instrument so it should cut through but not over power. I want to hear more of the dynamics of the piano is it will be the instrument to carry your whole song. Good song structure otherwise and keep it up!

check me out when you get the chance

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-afraid-eminem-produced-chrisgalactic-500673/

Last edited:
when you say piano are you talking about the harp throughout? also the 'thin' clap and snare are intentional as they are lower in the mix than i would usually have them.

Yes the harp, sounds like keys to me sorry. I feel like that should be wider take up a little bit more dynamics since its the lead instrument. I see what you mean. Thats the thing about music somethings are just preference. I would go for a louder clap and snare drum to allow the listener to get more rhythm. I just feel like they kind of get lost in the mix. Good stuff tho! Let me know when you post new stuff I would love to hear it

i agree with this dude stevie,pretty experimental,feeling the vocal sample for sure,idk how i feel about the little click pop thing though,like when the vocal sample changes pitch:)

The melody at the beginning sounds clean but it takes an unexpected turn when the sample comes in
If you turned the sample & percussion down, I think this thing would be sounded real nice.
Good work tho man. I can definitely feel where you were going with it. Keep it up!

Appreciate the feedback as well

vocal sample is dope, piano sounds nice! snare could be hittin more.
drums overall could hit more to make it sound fatter.

Back