F4F Nebula by Mango (Soundtrack beat)

mangoman

F4F Nebula by Mango (Flying Lotus beat)

This one was an absolute ***** to mix because of all the different elements. I got pretty creative and made a soundtrack beat which was pretty fun to make.

Nebula by Mango beats | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Let me know if I'm on the right track with this one, and also what kind of things I can do to make the mix better. I'm trying to up the mixing game more with different techniques. If anyone can point me in the right direction or even give me ideas on different but effective mixing techniques/sound design, I'd be happy. Always keen to have new stuff in my repertoire.

Returning feedback.

Last edited:
This is interesting I'm gonna be honest at first I wasn't really feeling it but when the other sounds came in at 48 secs my mind changed the instrumentation that came after 48 secs is super dope and really sets of the beat. Im not to sure if I would fully call it a soundtrack instrumental but it does have elements I think what takes a away from it sounding like a proper soundtrack is the drums the drum patterns are more for like a track that a artist would jump on and sing or rap to. Usually soundtracks focus more on the other musical elements to help the listeners feel different emotions well thats more in film soundtracks and the drums in those are used more to build tension or emotion or match a scene in a film for e.g a scene of a army marching the drums will sound more like the soldiers footsteps and the drums will build up in the scene until they go into battle and then they do the drums will start going crazy and shit lol if ya get what I mean.

Really interesting sound choices. Digging the unique sound overall. The bass is dope. I think Tyler the creator would sound sick over it. Nice job.

This was a combination of kaytranada and.... I don't what else - your own style. Really enjoyed this one and I see why this took you a long time. Like HailCeasar mentioned, the beginning was a bit odd imo
really came together about a third of the way in.
Can't quite put a finger on it but perhaps the kicks are too strong and don't fit with the other elements at the start of the track. Good job, you showed a lot of creativity and talent here.

i think the track loses a little quality as it nears the end, but the initial drop is EVIL lmao. i really like your sounds here, and while it is a soundtrack beat, i think a rapper over that initial drop section could be very fire. It reminds me a little of tyler's verses on OKRA. great stuff man, keep it up!

be honest with me here
dragon boy jig | huff n puff | F4F

Back