[F4F] Dreaming of Spring - New track!

Very interesting, but i think theres something wrong with this track.
The melodies and sounds don't blend together very well.
But a very interesting idea!

The style you're going for here is really good. The only thing I would say is wrong
with the beat is that there are certain parts that sound really off key. But
besides the parts that are off key, this sound great.

Def out of key, and thats not always a bad thing but in this case its a very bad thing. I would learn your scales and be strict about staying inside of them because it sounds like your gonna make something different that what everyone else is doing and thats great but its gotta sound good on the ears. if you can't hear that its out of key, you may be tone deaf which isn't the end of the world if you learn your scales.
1:06-1:24 sound in key and good but then at 1:25 it gets even worse out of key than before.

I went and listened to some other beats just to see if maybe it was just this beat and it seems to be a pretty general vibe across the board that they're all out of key. Like Melodic Mosquito didn't sound that bad actually, I stopped after Happiness and sorrow. I would maybe lay off on uploading beats for a little while until you get these scales down. If your money is alright and you want a quick fix pick up a native instruments komplete kontrol keyboard you can press a button and the midi controller will turn off all the notes that are not in key keeping your pitch perfect 100% of the time. I personally use the Komplete kontrol 61 and love it its a great piece of hardware. I'll give you the link to the keyboards I'm talking about. Komplete : Keyboards | Products check them out and I hope this helps. once you get the hang of the scales you'll probably wanna start fresh and delete the beats you've uploaded. we all start someone, my beats were awful back when i first started, i learned scales from "Piano for dummies" I read about half the book and I was good.

As for your question about the sound in the background of my beat "Crown" the initial sound is similar it just sounds more prominent but to put it in the background I dropped some of the low end and high end with an eq and added heavy meta verb and reverb thats all.

Keep learning, I've been at this for a long time and I still learn new techniques.

Def out of key, and thats not always a bad thing but in this case its a very bad thing. I would learn your scales and be strict about staying inside of them because it sounds like your gonna make something different that what everyone else is doing and thats great but its gotta sound good on the ears. if you can't hear that its out of key, you may be tone deaf which isn't the end of the world if you learn your scales.
1:06-1:24 sound in key and good but then at 1:25 it gets even worse out of key than before.

I went and listened to some other beats just to see if maybe it was just this beat and it seems to be a pretty general vibe across the board that they're all out of key. Like Melodic Mosquito didn't sound that bad actually, I stopped after Happiness and sorrow. I would maybe lay off on uploading beats for a little while until you get these scales down. If your money is alright and you want a quick fix pick up a native instruments komplete kontrol keyboard you can press a button and the midi controller will turn off all the notes that are not in key keeping your pitch perfect 100% of the time. I personally use the Komplete kontrol 61 and love it its a great piece of hardware. I'll give you the link to the keyboards I'm talking about. Komplete : Keyboards | Products check them out and I hope this helps. once you get the hang of the scales you'll probably wanna start fresh and delete the beats you've uploaded. we all start someone, my beats were awful back when i first started, i learned scales from "Piano for dummies" I read about half the book and I was good.

As for your question about the sound in the background of my beat "Crown" the initial sound is similar it just sounds more prominent but to put it in the background I dropped some of the low end and high end with an eq and added heavy meta verb and reverb thats all.

Keep learning, I've been at this for a long time and I still learn new techniques.

Really? It sounds that unlistenable? It honestly sounds good to me. Off key... so it sounds grating to your ears? Could you please try and explain which instruments sound bad? I understand if you can't but I really would appreciate the help. Because everything sounds lush and complete to me. I really want to hear your thoughts. Most of the notes are F# and A#. I made a lot on the major scale with those notes in them so I'm very confused as to why it sounds off key if I'm using those notes. I did half and whole step counting to find the scales

Last edited:

Listen to it more times. It sounds good.

Ok after listening I like some of the instrumentation used in this beat and I can kinda get happy vibes from this and the reason I say kinda is because imo theres A LOT going on in this beat and thats not always a bad thing but I think you need to space out some of the elements and have some gradually come in and when you bring some in take some out so that each element/sound gets to shine but not clutter up the mix. I also have to agree with the others in the comment section a lot of stuff is out of key and because theres so much going on its hard to pin point the original key and also the vibe keeps changing because of all the diff sounds playing all at the same time I like the idea I just feel you need to have a more balanced mix and focus on one vibe and keep the instrumentation in key.

Check out my latest.
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...d-type-beat-rockstar-f4f-548727/#post50099732

Really? It sounds that unlistenable? It honestly sounds good to me. Off key... so it sounds grating to your ears? Could you please try and explain which instruments sound bad? I understand if you can't but I really would appreciate the help. Because everything sounds lush and complete to me. I really want to hear your thoughts. Most of the notes are F# and A#. I made a lot on the major scale with those notes in them so I'm very confused as to why it sounds off key if I'm using those notes. I did half and whole step counting to find the scales

This page happened to still be opened on my web browser or I wouldn't of seen your request for me to tell you what instruments out of key. at 0:47 are piano chords that come in and theres a lot going on and they're not complimenting each other at all. Just because you play the same scale across all your instruments doesn't mean they're in key, synths have detune or if your using a sample and its not lined up to the right key then your gonna end up out of tune with all the other instruments. Even if everything was in tune i wouldn't call this lush as some of the sounds themselves don't compliment each other. Theres no standard with what compliments each other either like Ive tried to put a base line on just a pretty basic piano melody and the sounds themselves clashed so I had to change the bass, kept it in the same key though.

You say most of the notes are F# and A# and you said major scale so its either B Major, F# Major or C# Major, so which one is it? When you figure out which scale it is write down what notes are in that scale and see if you have anything playing in a wrong note. Also check the synths an samplers your using for the detune setting.

Listen to it more times. It sounds good.

You have to detach yourself from your own creations. i remember when I had first started if you told me there was something wrong in any of my beats I couldn't hear it. Thats your baby you made that so you become blind (deaf) to the fact there could be faults. I'm just trine guide you in the right direction, we're all on the same team I wanna see everyone here succeed and I hope that everyone wants to see me do the same, if not it doesn't matter cause their gonna. anyways go back and check those things I mentioned above something has to be off I'm not the only one that said it was off key. Also i take pride in how good my ear is, I can match the tone of the artists voice to a beat and give them an instrumental thats gonna push their track to the next level. I hope you choose to look at this positively because theres not a lot of producers that are gonna take this much time out an be this honest. Please post your findings I will leave this forum up so I can see what you've discovered.

Back