F4F chilled alternative hip hop beat F4F

holes

Sc - Zodat
Released a hip hop track, went for something a little bit different

Need some critical feedback to know how i can improve

Drop your tracks here as well and ill return the favour with some honest feedback

I really liked the drums and how they were mixed, everything on that end really cut through and was heard. As for improvement, I would say some contrast in the melodic elements. The melody gave off an eerie x files kind of vibe, and could've been really enhanced by a complentary sound on the low end, like a synth bass with some sort of countermelody. Still a good beat, though.

the idea/skeleton is def there. i think u need more size in your clap, to take up a thicker frequency range. your bell typa sound(s), sound very softwarish as well still. the hihat is very thin too. I would work on layers maybe to get everything thicker? good job though

I really like the laid back groove, I would make the snare tighter with some more snap, and would push that Kick up and I also agree with @NastyChopzBeat[FONT=Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Sans, Garuda, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif] I would thicken it up on all the percussion but once again this is subjective. You have the concept and arrangement nicely in place which is more then half the battle, nice work.[/FONT]

I left a comment on sound cloud. Good idea's just need work on making it sound more full.

Released a hip hop track, went for something a little bit different

Need some critical feedback to know how i can improve

Drop your tracks here as well and ill return the favour with some honest feedback

Thanks for the feed. As mentioned above you have all the elements necessary for a great beat. Couple issues I have with the mix: all the instrumentation is too loud and drums are too quiet. The melodies are nice, but because they're all high octaves they conflict. Another thing is panning drums left/right to create a sense of space. Listen to mainstream rap beats and focus on the small details, you'll get it over time

Sounds good and the mix is pretty decent. I didn't think the kicks were too soft, but I agree that the synth should be brought down a little bit if that's your preference. Nice work

I loved all the synth work in this track. Some elements were a little loud but the overall sound selection was really dope and the arrangement was nice. I thought the snare was a little too busy with the quieter notes, kinda distracted me a little bit from the other elements. I think if you cut out a couple of the hits and notched down the reverb a hair on the drums it'd help it out imo. Overall though, it's super tight, not sure what you're using for those synths but it's really professional sounding, nice work man.

Here's a link if you could return the feed, thanks!
www.futureproducers.com/forums/prod...mcees-fresh-flip-classic-dilla-sample-533684/

Back