Deskhop - Spring Buds [trap, electronic, jazz]

Thanks so much for your feed bro; I'm here to return it!

I really dig what you did here man. That jazz piano intro is sooooo dope. And I love the way it goes into the electronic bit with the big supersaw sound. But I wasn't a huge fan of that plucky / wet sound (the 2nd pluck sound you have is much better IMHO).

I also think the master limiter is being hit a bit hard causing some squashing at times but that's an easy fix.

This has great vibes; good job! Keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback hcgaron! That's really helpful. Since I know basically nothing about mastering, would you mind explaining how to fix the squashing? Do I need to reduce the gain of the track before it hits the limiter? Thanks again!

God damn bro hits hard. I like how fat the synth is, everything fits together well, no instruments fighting for the dominant frequencies. The breaks really add flavor well done man keep doing your thing.

Feels good. Nice and interesting intro and drop! mix is clean, but could use some excitement. I could hear some big reverbs and delays on some of the elements. good job!

Danproc, my buddy who is featured on the track wrote the intro piano, which is his take on the classic Autumn Leaves. Then I did the rest.

Back