Decisions - Boom Bap Beat f4f

damn this is dope. the sample (or whatever, could be original composition) sounds really good and it creates a great atmosphere and mood for the beat. drums are tight and punchy but they need something more to tie in with the sample-- could be something as simple as reverb, or maybe an added layer of noise and texture. great work though man, keep it up.

let me know what you think about this: https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../lofi-trap-pac-remix-f4f-524956/#post50004606

damn this is dope. the sample (or whatever, could be original composition) sounds really good and it creates a great atmosphere and mood for the beat. drums are tight and punchy but they need something more to tie in with the sample-- could be something as simple as reverb, or maybe an added layer of noise and texture. great work though man, keep it up.

let me know what you think about this: https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../lofi-trap-pac-remix-f4f-524956/#post50004606

Feedback returned. Thanks, no it wasnt a sample but I tried to give it that sampled feel.

Returning the feed...
The chord progression is nice. It has a nice texture to it. Drums sound good and mesh well. Those horns for me do not fit at all as well as those key stabs afterwards. They just don't fit with what you had progressing earlier in the beat. I think a part of it is that it sounds out of tune with the chord progression.

Hey man, thanks for the feedback. The chord progression is nice, had me fooled that part was a sample as well. Im not really digging the stabs that come in at 1:00 either. Im with Kohie here, I think both horns might have to be reworked. To my ears, they just have a different mood that the epiano that starts off the beat. Keep it up man, and thanks again!

They Hblunt thanks for the feed and sorry bout the late review. Boom-bap is my favourite style and think you done a nice job on this one. Kick&snare match's, sample is interesting, bass line too (is it from the sample or you made it?). Hi-hat is simple, perhaps is the only thing that need's to be a little more present. Mix sounds good. The second sample near the final part before the chorus was very chill.

They Hblunt thanks for the feed and sorry bout the late review. Boom-bap is my favourite style and think you done a nice job on this one. Kick&snare match's, sample is interesting, bass line too (is it from the sample or you made it?). Hi-hat is simple, perhaps is the only thing that need's to be a little more present. Mix sounds good. The second sample near the final part before the chorus was very chill.

No i made the bass with a synth, and all the piano was done with lounge lizzard and eqing.

Back