Chill Boombap Style Beats [F4F]

poi

Never really posted on here too much, although I've been making beats for a long while, so I thought I'd share some of my stuff. I'll reciprocate all follows and feedback I get, thanks!

also just a link to the soundcloud if you feel like checking that out, thought I'd embed some of my beats to make it easier. https://soundcloud.com/mattpalomo

I like it man, very different but I could definitely hear the new kanye on that. Good stuff, followed you back too.

hi!
I am not listening to a lot of old/true school but In my opinion you used some cool samples. I would make another kind of mix/master.
I like that jazzy vibe in lobster dog !

Lol I love that you used Zelda.. I think you could have chopped the 8th bar better in the first melody. I think either a better mix on the rhythm section would make this beat 200% times better, or differnt sound selection. You need to use the stereo field better.. everything was right up the middle. Make your mixes bigger.

I got a lot of other tracks to get to so not gonna listen to the rest of the songs. But I suspect the mixing is going to be the same, so I'd work on that if I was you. Also, don't bother trying to get sample clearance from Ninetendo.. I already wrote them trying for a smash bros sample, but they said they get so many requests a day they just cant. (unless youre a big time artists or something)

Check out my latest work: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...irty-south-etc/some-my-best-work-ever-521846/

Lol I love that you used Zelda.. I think you could have chopped the 8th bar better in the first melody. I think either a better mix on the rhythm section would make this beat 200% times better, or differnt sound selection. You need to use the stereo field better.. everything was right up the middle. Make your mixes bigger.

I got a lot of other tracks to get to so not gonna listen to the rest of the songs. But I suspect the mixing is going to be the same, so I'd work on that if I was you. Also, don't bother trying to get sample clearance from Ninetendo.. I already wrote them trying for a smash bros sample, but they said they get so many requests a day they just cant. (unless youre a big time artists or something)

Check out my latest work: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...irty-south-etc/some-my-best-work-ever-521846/

That track is actually probably the weakest in terms of mixing since it's so old, since then I've made more of an effort to master things better, I just used that since it was one of my more popular beats, but I appreciate the feedback and everything you said seems true. I'll check yours out too.

Glad to see you've signed up and started sharing beats, man. This is still a decent place to get an ear and get some decent feedback. Take certain views with a pinch of salt - speaking from experience there's some dudes on here who aren't making anything decent but seem to be gurus when it comes to giving feedback.

Gave you the follow on SoundCloud after listening to Lobster Dog.

Rapper on top is doing fine, some nice bars and a nice flow. The percussion on this one is super nice. Loving that really bright dusty feel. The hollow kick sits perfectly on top of those keys. Really laid back vibe. I really like what you've done with all of this, very very jazzy.

It does need something more though. I would love to hear a flute or some sax coming in over the top of this at some point. That would really add some raw emotion if you found the right sample. Alternatively some soft and hopeful female vocal chops would really make this pop.

Anyway, hoping you can return the feedback when you have a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ts-beat-contest-entry-feed4feed-100-a-521848/

Last edited:
Good work man on those tracks. Lullaby had me hooked up after a few seconds, that track is straight fire. Keep up the good work.

your beats are showing that there is definitely a skill , you need to practice a little more. ill give you 7/10 . practice, practice, practice is the key to your success, btw im a bloody beginner :D check my beat if you want

Back