Boom Bap and Thunderstorms Feedback4Feedback

thesoloist1914

Paradom Beats
Hey all! Paradom Beats again and I was really hoping I could get some feedback on one of my newest beats. I'm really proud about this one to me it sounds very good and clean (mixing wise). I'm just trying to get some different opinions on it. Of course I'll leave feedback on your music as well so come help a fellow musician! Leave your links for feedback!

Last edited:
Super dope man! This beat has its own mood. It belongs on a soundtrack for a movie. I can see this used as background music for a montage or something. Great mix! Your low end is sitting perfect. In addition, you can hear every sound. Also your panning game is on point. You should be proud of this one!

-UncleDutch

Thanks man I really appreciate the feedback. It's been a struggle learning how to use this new software. Eventually I want to get into something that could be more mainstream lol.

Mainstream is overrated IMO. Underground and unique beats like yours are where its at. Have a good one!

Great is subjective brother. You could get a placement for this beat with a movie, TV show or an artist today if you found the right one. It really is great. It may not sound like "mainstream" stuff, but it really is good. I could here Ellie Goulding on this all day. Have a good night and keep up the good music. You got a Twitter? I will follow you.

Yeah man I definitely appreciate your kind words. Yeah I have twitter and IG my twitter is TheSoloist1914 and my IG is soloistsuite1914

A good, well-rounded instrumental

Hey all! Paradom Beats again and I was really hoping I could get some feedback on one of my newest beats. I'm really proud about this one to me it sounds very good and clean (mixing wise). I'm just trying to get some different opinions on it. Of course I'll leave feedback on your music as well so come help a fellow musician! Leave your links for feedback!

I didn't have the opportunity to listen with headphones on, so I wasn't able to hear much of the panning and low-end mastery aforementioned. However, from what I heard, it was a good beat. It's the type of beat that can be used for a lot of different types of things (given the proper lyrics if applicable). This could include tv, video games, etc. It's a good, well-rounded instrumental.

Feel free to check out my new song as well: www.soundcloud.com/silverdollar17/whatsupwitheverybody
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Production is pretty amateur in terms of sounds used and the patterns. I do like the interaction of the kick and the clap. As far as the mix goes.. It is quite thin.. meaning you can get A LOT more power and life out of these sounds.. It might be something you can achieve on the master bus by bringing the overall level up, but it's hard for me to tell without trying it.. I think you have the relative level between the kick/percussion sitting right, it's just more about bringing out as much life from all the sounds now as possible. The piano could improve 10 fold with some reverb and/or delays. I highly suggest you start using reference mixes when you're working on a project.. it will REALLY let you know what areas you need to work on. Keep at it.

That is unusually happy sounding lol but it's a drowse for sure. Like the melody and that is some clean mixing.
Instrumentation seems to give it room, kicks on point with the thunderstorm samples so yep, I see where you went.

Production is pretty amateur in terms of sounds used and the patterns. I do like the interaction of the kick and the clap. As far as the mix goes.. It is quite thin.. meaning you can get A LOT more power and life out of these sounds.. It might be something you can achieve on the master bus by bringing the overall level up, but it's hard for me to tell without trying it.. I think you have the relative level between the kick/percussion sitting right, it's just more about bringing out as much life from all the sounds now as possible. The piano could improve 10 fold with some reverb and/or delays. I highly suggest you start using reference mixes when you're working on a project.. it will REALLY let you know what areas you need to work on. Keep at it.

Yeah I'm starting over in a new DAW and I don't have any of my old kits or VSTs since I switched from PC to Mac. Honestly this was kinda of an experiment for me. I wanted to do a different style of music. As far as the mixing goes I actually just fixed it today. I'm playing around with the bass guitar though since it seems to get a little muddled volume wise. I'm still playing with it.

This is dope bro! this beat got a really good vibe to it.. i can hear an artist with a positive message on this beat.. good job! I followed you on soundcloud.. follow back! #BASSGOD

check out my thread

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rty-south-etc/new-trapper-bassgod-f4f-501974/

I made sure to follow back bro!

Last edited:
The beat as it is is really good. The mix is very clean and it states a clear mood from beginning to end. Nice use of soundeffects by the way.
The beat needs some variation and some dynamics, unfortunately it is quite static right now. You were very good and adding and dropping elements but it still needs something (which unfortunately I'm not sure what it is).
The drums could be a bit more in front, not too much though. The snare seems a bit drowned in the mix.
Overall solid work, keep making them and keep improving.
And about that question regarding my beat, I recorded that guitar myself. Thanks for the feedback!

The beat as it is is really good. The mix is very clean and it states a clear mood from beginning to end. Nice use of soundeffects by the way.
The beat needs some variation and some dynamics, unfortunately it is quite static right now. You were very good and adding and dropping elements but it still needs something (which unfortunately I'm not sure what it is).
The drums could be a bit more in front, not too much though. The snare seems a bit drowned in the mix.
Overall solid work, keep making them and keep improving.
And about that question regarding my beat, I recorded that guitar myself. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks bro I really appreciate it. Honestly I wanted to change that version because I just posted the latest one and I added a few things and changed the eq a little bit. I feel like the new version is a little better. I can't edit my post anymore though lol. Thanks for the feedback though I really appreciate it. And you sound good on the guitar. Definitely dope. I'm a bass player so eventually I want to record myself.

Back