:::baraka:::

Dan Smackroyd

Feedback 4 Feedback

All feedback will be responded to ASAP.

This is a "boom bap type beat" or whatever that I threw a Masta Killa acapella verse over. I found the acapella on youtube and the quality was kind of poor. It started to sound kind of crackly, almost like it was clipping or something, especially in the sharper sounding parts (words containing an emphasized "S" sound), bot oh well.. I touched it up that best I could and hopefully it sounds alright.
Aside from that, if you're into hip hop, even if you're mostly into the newer trap stuff, your feedback would be much appreciated. Like I said, all feedback will be responded to as soon as I get a chance to check it out. Feel free to drop links to your thread, or you can drop a link to the track directly in here.
Thank you all in advance.

Really like the kind of mellow feel of the beat. Real jazzy and chill. The intro with the panning or what it is, is nice as well. The a capella is as you say of poor quality but for a hook or as "backing vocals" or something I think that can be a cool effect. The mixing feel a bit on the muddy side. I would like a bit more clarity. I like the old school feel but it is just a bit flat. I am not sure here but I think that I would like if the drums would stand out a bit more. They feel a bit muddy. However nice beat overall I like it. :)

Nice chill beat here. Just needs a real emcee on it with more of a cool vibe and not so aggressive. I support all the boom bap here and can't hate on this at all. Keep it up fam. Check out my latest when you get a minute. We probably have somewhat similar taste I'm guessing.

It has that old school feeling. I'm not keen on that type of beats but I get what You wanted to do there. I'd mix it a lil better maybe take a loop with mixing it.

Back