Tantan sort of jazz fusion

I guess this is the kind of music that takes more than one listen to understand. I really like the idea and the main smooth sound has potential but the whole track sounded a bit too "monotone" in my ears. IMO you could do even more variations and surprising elements in the drum groove to give life to the track. I think listening to some old Frank Zappa track might help you, "Inca roads" for example.
Were you inspired by some particular artist when making the track?

I guess this is the kind of music that takes more than one listen to understand. I really like the idea and the main smooth sound has potential but the whole track sounded a bit too "monotone" in my ears. IMO you could do even more variations and surprising elements in the drum groove to give life to the track. I think listening to some old Frank Zappa track might help you, "Inca roads" for example.
Were you inspired by some particular artist when making the track?

Thank you very much, I shall re-listen with your comments in mind. I can't say that I had a specific inspiration for this, it just kinda grew in my DAW. What would you say may be the solution to the "mono tonal" quality ?

Back