New Breakbeat from Windcheater - comments appreciated :)

big tune!
I like it. there is a lot to like.
-production and attention to detail is nice. little sample drops, layers of melody/synths, effects all nice.
- bassline, melody, beats all workin'.
- really like the different vibes it goes through. the little dub type break down is cool.

really has a history of hardcore in one track vibe if that make any sense.

couple of criticisms:
- i don;t really like the distorted guitar sounding hits at the begining. they were fine at first but then the went on too long, now I dislike them.
- i feel like a lot of the parts would be more effective if the very more minimal, less layers. I like most of th layers, but my ears got a bit overwhelmed in some of the parts. like the dub breakdown section. too much going on.
- the sampled fill sounded nice, but it sounds like you add drum machine oms over it...don't like the drm machine toms.
- drags a little bit 3/4s of the way in. wrap it up quicker.

just my opinions. take them for what you want.

excellent advice mate thanks. I agree with a lot of what you say and will bear it all in mind when I have a little tweak of this.

and the Hardcore comment made perfect sense :)

cheers

Cool breakbeat track! It's got kind of an old school electro vibe to it. Excellent distorted basses and synths, and great use of vocal snippets. Really nothing to critique...there's nothing really there that I dislike or anything, except for maybe the arrangement. I feel that the track moves forward quite slowly...the various elements develop slowly over the length of the track. I fall into this trap myself, so it's somewhat hypocritical of me to say that.

Anyway, check out my newest breakbeat track if you can. It's quite a different style than this:
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread/threadid/140361

I have to agree with the comment about it moving too slowly. I would work on the arrangement. There's loads of cool sounds and ideas, but it doesn't flow well.

The guitar panned left is distracting. After a while, all my attention was drawn to that. I would suggest either replacing it, or if you want to keep that sound, thickening it up, and pan it around. Any track with a distorted sound panned hard like that tends to pull your ears that way and then evertyhing else gets lost. If you want to pan it like that, balance it with something on the other side.

Love the vocal samples. Good harmonies, too.

I was expecting sh!t to really kick in after the drum roll leading up to the 3:15 mark, but instead, everything seems to drop out and the whole thing sounds really hollow for the next 30 seconds. It picks up again at the 3:45 mark.

it's got a lot of potential, for sure. Keep working on it.

Wow! Excellent production, arrangement and writting.
It's all good but I agree about the distorded guitar too much on the left, it's distracting.
Anyway, a masterpiece :D
Really...

Thanks and bye!!

Back