My Original Orchestration (Review 4 Review)

P

protoolswiz

Here is an instrumental that I did last night with my brother. We did not record this while watching the movie trailer, so the syncing could be better. But we saw this trailer and thought that it matched pretty well. Like I said we did not record this for any particular reason, we just thought it worked with the trailer. Hope you enjoy and don't forget to leave a comment with one of your songs that you would like for me to review. Enjoy

Wow nice! I thought that worked really well for the most part, You chord progressions are very fluid and melodic. With the brass and the minimalistic almost militant beating of the drum, it really, really supported the visuals and added a building, epic motion to the whole thing.

I listened to it for a second time without the video to see what effect it had on me (trying to ignore the vocals and fx the best I could) and it was still good, nice levels, good reverb tail on the piano etc - Maybe I would just eq the bass of the miltary drum a little higher for more presence. Wasn't as sure about the wind chime at the beginning the second time around, but that is a minor.

Nice work!

Please check out my first vid 'Born on the Moon' and give a little feed!

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/born-moon-kamau-lyon-%2Af4f%2A-411835/

Thanks

Thanks I appreciate the feedback, by default I had to use preset virtual instruments from Pro Tools 9 because my East West Quantum Leap Software is being delivered later this week. But I know exactly what you mean by low grade sounds. I thought though for what I had at my disposal it sounded good. Although I love using East West and LA Strings much more then the default sounds that I have with Pro Tools 9.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

sounds great; should have been the original score.
you should upload the orchestration alone; it's good.

feedback:https://www.futureproducers.com/for...o-original-instrumentals-411978/#post49433674

I am working on another trailer score for fun, so I may just upload my orchestration with the video but with no audio from the video.
Thanks for the feedback and I will check out your instrumentals and leave feedback as well :)

Back