InTheClouds ~ Need help with this beat Trap,Hiphop F4F!

Skrimps

It's missing a few instruments, but before I continue this beat, I would like some feedback on it, would much appreciate it.
Don't know if I should call it trap or hip-hop. Most people tell me my beats aren't exactly trap so I won't say that specifically.
What would you say it is? This is something I will be trying to sell, and so far I have only sold beats to people I have personally met, however the connections I have made seem to like the beats I give them, but the thing is, I haven't sold a beat online yet. I don't know if its because I am not marketing enough, or if its not what they are looking for. Any feedback appreciated on that to and I will return all feed! Also, there is a sound I am trying to look for, used in lots of r&b songs, I have heard someone call it a sine lead, it sounds sort of high pitch and its the hook. It's really hard to find one like that and I have heard it many times. Anyone know? I use Ableton Live 9, nexus, massive, sylenth, and a few others.
Oh and some of the drums start to get quite at times, have to go back an fix that. Ableton does that.
Thanks everyone :)

https://soundcloud.com/skrimps/intheclouds

Last edited:
Honestly I think it just needs those other instruments added. I know it isnt mixed or 'mastered' yet so i wont comment on the quality (it isnt bad though). For the sine lead choose the stock preset Init and change the wave type to the last one which is a sine wave. Idk how to use all those other controls that well on it though so you gotta find out how to tweak it to get exactly what you're looking for. Im sure theres a way to do it in massive also. Post a more finished version whenever u get around to it!

Hey. Not bad. I'd keep working on it. I wouldn't categorize this as trap. I would put this closer to the dance'nb section like off of neyo's new album. it's just less straight forward. The sine wave or sine lead is found in most basic synth programs. Or if you can't find one close enough use massive and make one. Go to the waveform dial and go to sine and start from there put polyphony to 1 so only one note can be played at a time. Good luck.

Thank you for the feed and help with the sound :)

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Sounding nice, defo add a few more instruments. Personally, I'd say layer a hard kick over the 808 to give the track a bit more feel to it but not so much that it over powers the 808. Post up the progress dude.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-flyver-lucid-dreams-f4f-447970/#post49651918
Appreciate it man! I like the kick idea, I was thinking about something like that, never thought to layer the kick on top of it . Thanks.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Hey. Not bad. I'd keep working on it. I wouldn't categorize this as trap. I would put this closer to the dance'nb section like off of neyo's new album. it's just less straight forward. The sine wave or sine lead is found in most basic synth programs. Or if you can't find one close enough use massive and make one. Go to the waveform dial and go to sine and start from there put polyphony to 1 so only one note can be played at a time. Good luck.
I will try an make one in massive if I can't find one :) Thanks for the feed man and help with genre and sounds !

i´d also call this trap but genres are a difficult thing nowadays, anyway i like the piano in it and the 808´s sound great allready but when getting into mixing this and adding more instruments the kicks might need a little extra punch so i reccomend following jaydiacs advice. personally i wouldn´t add much more to the song because when something like this is played in a club or simmilar a clean and simple trap beat cant be beaten

https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../[bass-lo-fi]-new-track-called-lonely-447969/

Back