Would love if I could get some feedback on my track!

xProto

Hello all!

Brand new here, just discovered this goldmine of a community. Would love if you guys could listen to this track that I have just finished working on and hear what you guys have to say about it. I also have a friend who, in my opinion, is a very good vocalist and hopefully she will be available to record the lyrics for it as well by the end of the week. But for now, all I've got is the music :)

Hope you guys enjoy!

solid track man! nice buildup at the beggining..everything flows well together melody is nice not much i can say negative

I really like the melody! but I feel like some sounds are clashing.. I would personally sidechain the synths to the kick, if the kick sounds good after that leave it, else I would maybe turn it up a little. other than that you've got a really nice sound to this and really like it

sounded a bit disharmonic when the beat came in in the beginning on my lil speakers. sounded fine on my headphones. would have to check it out in the car. other then that sounded great.

Hmm alrighty haha I'll bring try out some more mixing on my cheaper speakers. Thanks for the feedback!

xProto, great melody! Love the interaction of the piano, bassline and leads especially later. A couple notes: The hi hat that comes in around 3:09 is really getting drowned out. Might help the track to try to bring it out a bit more. Also some of the risers and falldowns sound just a bit disjointed (eg around 2:37). Is that what you were going for? I might personally add a bit of reverb onto the riser right before the dropdown snare/clap to fill in that short gap. Aside from that, let us know when you have those vocals! Looking forward to it

Thanks for the feedback! Worked on it all day today, just making some final tweaks and listening to it over and over again to make it the best it can be before re-uploading it. Is there a way to edit posts by chance so I can add the new link or should I make a new thread?

hey, the track has a nice atmosphere, so gj!

U could try putting a compressor on ur kick for a bit more punch. It could really make the drop more solid :).

anyways gj and keep it coming!

Hey guys! Loving all the feedback considering that this is my first post! Been working on the track a ton, now just need to find out how to edit the post so I can add the new link xD

Last edited:
Back