Why Don't We See (Chillout)

Wallengard

Manipulator of energy
Hello fellow producers!

I'm working on a new track, this time it's a dreamy chillout song with some cozy chords and melodies.
It's currently under construction and I feel like I could use some input and feedback. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.

https://soundcloud.com/wallengard/why-dont-we-see-cloud-mix

Enjoy!

The universe is a beautiful place, it's all around us and still we refuse to see it.

Very chill... but i feel the drums could get a bit repetitive and boring after a while. Maybe add some at select points, or do the opposite and keep them out for longer.

Very chill... but i feel the drums could get a bit repetitive and boring after a while. Maybe add some at select points, or do the opposite and keep them out for longer.

Yeah I hear what you're saying, I'm already working on some variations throughout the track, particularly the drums, all though I am a sucker for repetitiveness :-)

Impressive Wallengard, aside the tranquility and serenity build of the intro, is an expressive ballad of beauty; with romantic overtones, elements of moodiness and uncertainty that carry really well along the musical journey, the percussion works for me, it's definitely in keeping with the overall tone of the piece, a great mix, that could complement a movie scene, or, at the very least, offer the right kind of contrast/ diversity, to an album release. Very good indeedy.

Last edited:
I deeg this, I just floated through it, good stuff. I don't really know what you can do to improve, it's great and clean :D (it's so rare to see someone posting a clean mix on here).
I think maybe detuning the clap/snare or layering it with a detuned version might sound cool, that's just an idea that comes to my mind, it could be shit I don't know :P. That's all I can think of, really good work, subbed !
When you get the chance, hit me back on my attempt at trance over here:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ance/[progressive-trance]-serum-*f4f*-491574/

Impressive Wallengard, aside the tranquility and serenity build of the intro, is an expressive ballad of beauty; with romantic overtones, elements of moodiness and uncertainty that carry really well along the musical journey, the percussion works for me, it's definitely in keeping with the overall tone of the piece, a great mix, that could complement a movie scene, or, at the very least, offer the right kind of contrast/ diversity, to an album release. Very good indeedy.

Wow, thank you very much for that heartfelt comment and the kind words! It means a lot and I'm real happy you seem to have enjoyed it quite thoroughly. Cheers!

I deeg this, I just floated through it, good stuff. I don't really know what you can do to improve, it's great and clean :D (it's so rare to see someone posting a clean mix on here).
I think maybe detuning the clap/snare or layering it with a detuned version might sound cool, that's just an idea that comes to my mind, it could be shit I don't know :P. That's all I can think of, really good work, subbed !
When you get the chance, hit me back on my attempt at trance over here:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ance/[progressive-trance]-serum-*f4f*-491574/

In a way I suppose not immediately knowing what could be improved could be considered a good thing. :) Thanks for having a listen and enjoying! Not entirely sure what you are hearing in your head with that detuned clap but I am working on a few different things for it.

Sure I'll check out your track soon. :) Thanks again!

This sounds very nice indeed! :)
Very nice vibes!

Thanks a lot! Always nice to see people enjoying your music, after all that's what it's there for. :)

Last edited:
I just went through some of your other stuff on soundcloud, as well.
You sir, deserve a ****ing cookie!

I just went through some of your other stuff on soundcloud, as well.
You sir, deserve a ****ing cookie!

Hehe, that's pretty neat, that you found something nice in my labyrinth of half made projects (am planning to make something out of most, and will end up with a new page with just the official stuff) in there.

And cookies are always nice :-)

damn brotha, this one took me on a serious journey..props man.

I sometimes get into the zone of making really chill out music but a lil more upbeat. if you dont mind it'll be cool if you gave my song a listen and let me know whatchu think!

Zen (Prod. by High Flown) FREE DOWNLOAD

super chill, i love the vibe on this. i can hear an artist on this too, even though its 11 minutes lol. too dope.

Feedback? https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ner-x-leavin-prod-flashback-beats-f4f-491769/

Thanks, am glad you liked it! Yeah it's quite long but was never intended to have any vocals in it, save for perhaps perhaps few lines of some speech going on in certain parts (which I'm working on). :-)

I'll have a listen to your track soon! Thanks again.

Sounds good dude.
Keep it up!

Tack, det ska jag göra! :-)

Love it bro
If you don't me asking what vsts do you use?

Cheers, glad you enjoyed! I use a bunch of vsts, for this one in particular I mostly used FM8 and the lead sound was made in Spire.

damn brotha, this one took me on a serious journey..props man.

I sometimes get into the zone of making really chill out music but a lil more upbeat. if you dont mind it'll be cool if you gave my song a listen and let me know whatchu think!

Zen (Prod. by High Flown) FREE DOWNLOAD

Nice to hear! It was meant to take you on a journey so I'm glad it succeeded. :-)

I will have a listen to your track soon as well!

Oi High Flown, I thoroughly enjoy the stuff you make. Very nice atmosphere in that track, lovely weightless feeling, perfect trip for me when I just put a CD on in the dark and lie down on the sofa or blocking out the noise in the bus to work. :-) I think a collaboration would be in order!

Hit me up if that sounds interesting to you.

Cheers

Last edited:
Omg dude this is incredible! I love how solemn and peaceful this track makes me feel. It also gives a hint of sadness too. Closed my eyes the whole time to really focus on it. The fact that it can pull emotions like that means the track was very well made.

I was going to say something about the percussion early on, but I think the awesome way the track evolved (hats brought in later, etc) shut me up lol. I don't think there is a way of improving this song as it is. And even if there was one, I'd prefer it to stay the way it is.

Fantastic work!

Back