A walk in the park - I would love some feedback on this chill experimental track

dubwell

Hello,
This song means a lot to me and I wanted your opinion a=on the structure. It isn't the typical song structure. I used 2 Keys, AM and the parallel Am key - by use of a pivot chord.

So i was making this song about my dog in my office when he was there. I noticed something wasn't quite right, and he passed away later that day at the vet.

How it was made:
I played a guitar with the program GuitarMidi which i then turned into a harp with the Kontakt. I created some pads with FM8 (they are very light and may only be heard with nice headphones) I took the pads and reversed them, and then sliced and rearranged into the correct order.
I made a little light drum loop and copied and reversed it, then laid them together for a swoop like effect. I found the Parallel key to the one I was using and made the song change into Am for the break - but i tried to make the minor section the actually more upbeat than the intro. I played also some more gentle guitar midi for the bridge, then some acoustic guitar lead for the 2nd half of the song. I made sure to really pay attention to the balance of real with electronic sounds. Also just for the fun of it I added some N64 samples (which you may not find- but they are a star fox ship sample and a Pokemon snap water droplet).

I love to give feedback- just give me a link to your track.

really like the intro & beat. the hi hats are so light and airy i'd love to hear them moving around a little more with panning. very interesting bass & good, gentle build. definitely feels like walking through the park :) love the guitar style around 3min

at 2:32 you get a groove and i heard some interesting sounds in there that I think you should build on...

Thats actually a fantastic idea, I should of done some more panning. I was wondering about the volume level, I didnt want it to be a banger obviously, but is it too quiet?

the track as a whole? didn't seem to be too loud to me at all. i always struggle with wondering if my tracks need to be louder too, when in reality i always need to make them quieter haha. I actually think that adding a little reverb on the guitar and lowering it's level would make the track a little softer/smoother. but that's only if you're looking for a more ambient vibe (which is what i'm hearing)

GOSH DARN IT! I have the 2nd thicker reverb on the track disabled since the CPU was bad and i forgot to add it back in. Too late now i guess. Thanks for the tips :D

I was listening to this before I checked your reply. Lol. I really like it. Though I'm not listening with headphones or anything. Idk about a walk in a park, but the tune does a good job of painting a picture. Very ambient and relaxing. You can really take time to appreciate the small details of life as you take note of the very minor details of this track that you implemented really well.

I was listening to this before I checked your reply. Lol. I really like it. Though I'm not listening with headphones or anything. Idk about a walk in a park, but the tune does a good job of painting a picture. Very ambient and relaxing. You can really take time to appreciate the small details of life as you take note of the very minor details of this track that you implemented really well.

thank you :) it was called a walk in the park since its based off my dog that just died (if you look at my post there are small grey words under my soundcloud link that you can highlight that say it) but i didnt make it obvious since i didn't want sympathy likes.

Thanks for the feedback on my track. I'm not too great at mixing/mastering yet so yeah I feel you when you said i was missing some Low/Mid frequencies.

I really like this track. You really did a great job at capturing emotion, I caught some feels while listening to it. Theres a really good balance between the softer volume of drums/percussion underneath the synthesizers/instruments which contributed to it being really relaxing.

Great job!

Nice one man, I'm in production mode right now so ill comment in that mind set.

that guitar track/harp would fit really well into the scheme if you can comp it down a bit. Really wanting to hear a short attack and release on it. Also think it would fit the vibe really well with the thick verb (though you did comment on my mix saying it was to wet) so you may disagree haha.

Best,

i love it. Takes you on a little trip in your mind...soothing
the structure is nice and progresses fluidly.
maybe a bit more reverb on drums.
mix is pretty balanced, i like the reversed drums thingy
overall its nice and i listened more than once. Cool little spanish guitar influenced solo too
return the feed when u get a chance
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...t-beat-ever-vocals-will-return-feed-509650/2/

Love your track BTW, thanks for the idea on the drum reverb

Damn dude, very somber. I can feel your pain through the track. I'm sorry for your loss homie :(.

You really took the emotion you had over your best friend's death and turned it into a piece of beauty. I love the somber chords you chose to use in the track. The sweeping, slight pads you used in the track are amazing and airy. I also loved the way you used some reversed samples and pads to complete the track. Everything about the track is perfect, no more I can say to give you any criticism. Fantastic job bro!

Here's my thread. Let me know what you think!

Back