Thread: Trance demo feedback (anjunabeats style)

Thanks

Red face Trance demo feedback (anjunabeats style)

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello, Future Producers!

I made a demo track in the anjunabeats style.
    Looking forward to your critical review of my work

Here it is:
    Expo (demo) by Marcel Deneuve | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thank you.
    Last edited by Etzo; 08-10-2019 at 06:58 AM.
    My homepage is MarcelDeneuve.com. There I post my music and write about different thoughts. I'd be glad to see You there!

Thanks
    Really dig it my man! And this genre is a personal favourite aswell.
    My overall impression when listening to you're track is that it's well produced and lot of effort put in there.
    Middle break is awesome and chill, the jungle style drums are spot on.

The drop:
    Nice feeling with those chords i have to say!!
    The kick and bassline should slam harder or be more tight compressed to get that in your face feeling.
    Personally I don't prefer the top lead with the glide tbh but again that's personal flavor. Im more of a Big pluck guy with lots of reverb

Overall really good effort gave you a follow cause I wanna hear more
    Keep it up!
    Last edited by ASLIN; 08-10-2019 at 01:52 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ASLIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ASLIN, thank you for the reply. I think the bass and kick will be much stronger after the mastering stage,
    (there's only high pass filter on the master channel).
    My homepage is MarcelDeneuve.com. There I post my music and write about different thoughts. I'd be glad to see You there!

Thanks
    Hi Etzo, i like your track its mixed well and sounds ok on my laptop speakers I think you could do with a little more variation in the drums but well done its a great track

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fulloctave88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Hi Etzo! I can only echo the other comments about the kick/bass in the first half of the song, it's a bit weak. The melody during the breakdown is really nice. I feel like you didn't need to wait till after the breakdown to have the song reach its full loudness, you end up turning it up too much to compensate for the quiet first part. Well done though it's a solid track!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to slackoverflow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yeah I am going to have to add on top of the other comments about the bass/kick relationship. Try to pocket your eq better, your bass is wide and audible, but the kick is lost in it. There's no distortion, which is good, but look for a more punchy kick. Try a tall peak EQ and slide it through the EQ until you hit the resonant frequency in the kick. For me, its usually around 40-60, 100-130, and 200-240. Remove muddiness in 700-1k range and give it some air up top.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kapha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I prefer more weighty kicks. Bubble riser is a bit overused in general, try something not as obvious or turn it down, add a few other fx to it. The build up into the break it's too obvious, not so bad on main build. Was a bit quiet when the break first hits so wasn't expecting what comes to be as good. Nice use of bitcrush, I always love the crispiness it adds to sounds, wins me over every time.
    Dance Music Collabs Wanted: Cubase 10, Ozone 8, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, Sylenth, M1, Z3ta.
    Build: i7 9700k 5.0oc, z390 mb, 16gb Ram, RVMe 970 Pro, Noctua Cooling, Bequite PSU.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mitchiemasha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I need criticism, last comments are really helpful. Thank you guys, I appreciate it.

Can you also leave some comments on my new work?

Thread Information