Is there too much going on in this mix?

Hey, I don't want to sound harsh but there's a lot of work to be done here.
But one thing at the time, you'll be able to improve it. I'll throw here a handful of suggestions for you to start the rework:

- this is hiphop so start your remix with the drum play, best way IMO
- choose more powerful drums and play them in a less linear way
- play a new melody, that's often the point of making a remix
- work a little more on the matching of the lyrics on your tune, it feels like it's a bit offset
- bring some variety, stops, .... all that kind of stuff in order to make your sound more "alive"

Don't hesitate to go watch some tutorials on youtube, it's a matter of months before you become used to it and start to make progress.
Anyway, keep grinding and maybe we'll see you around here.
Bye!

If you don't mind taking a second to listen to my shit, here it is: People Control by Chris Van Gills | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Hey Dirty32,

Amazing feeback, thank you. Gives me a lot to consider and work on. I appreciate it.

I listened to your track. On my headphones it was an easy transition into the atmosphere you created. The sounds were delightful and the flow was excellent. Techno is outside of my everyday listening.

At the 0:38 second mark your "people" sample I believe could be improved with slight variance for organic feel. As my ear was immediately drawn to it.

at 5:40 ish you have the short build using a sped up kick drum I think. That sped up kick was the one portion of the track that pulled me out of the groove of the song. I felt the sped up kick blended less with the track than the other sounds you chose.

The song took me to another place :) Have a good one.
~Severin

Back