[Tech House/House] Chris Van Gills - I Get Up

Dirty32

Hi everyone!
I'm trying to get away from my comfort zone. So one day I found an acapella of Aretha Franklin (A Deeper Love) and then I've made this! The main purpose is to DANCE.
So what do you think?
ALL feeds are welcome, I really need to improve. I hope you'll enjoy!

I like your style pal! really enjoyed the break at 1:55. nice drum fill followed by a dope drop!
maybe add more variety in the chords just to spice things up, but its all well and good.

i recently made a tech house track too. its in my signature. would be cool if you could check it out aswell. thanks!

Good track man! Very plesent to listen to. Regarding the chords, I didn't notice anything wrong with them, but if you want to make it sound less loopy and make variations to the chord progression without actually having to come up with new chords then chord inversions can do wonders to make it appear more varied. A little trick I sometimes use myself :D

I think you've really improved since your last production. I agree you could create some more development, just play around with additional chords, or maybe play with the rhythm of it. However, something's missing there in your main parts. Sounds somehow flat, I miss a deep and powerful side-chained baseline to make that more bouncy. Like your breakdown at 3.20, but I don't think the chords / composition is on point there. really like your filter/reverb/drum fills there which create tension. All in all a good production! keep it up

I'm really pleased to read this : that's pure motivation! So thank you guys.
Well, I've already tested my track on a french forum and the loopy-remarke came out too. It was a deliberate choice and one of the reasons I called it a Tech House track. Filter and cutoff is not enough, I gotta find something else!
Thanks for coming by!

Back