Some New Song WIP - E1GHTH PLACE

So, this is a pretty chill track, with a futuristic and synthy vibe. Very groovy and those melodies hit just right. While it keeps from being "boring" per-se, it needs a vocal or something to create even greater interest. Something like a robotic female voice to really add nuance and flavor to the track.
The production sounds fine, though it does feel like the sub is a bit too loud, but I guess that's just the genre. Also make sure the secondary melody at around 4:30 is in the key of the tune, I might've just been imagining something but I keep hearing something out of the key that took me out of the chill field.

Really tight stuff overall mate! keep it up!

Hey, thanks for listening and leaving your feedback! :) Yeah, I've intended on adding vocals to this song since it feels like the missing key element to finishing this up. It's just hard to get in touch with anyone who wants to sample their vocals. There are quite a few places that I can check out for acapellas possibly but sometimes the problem is they may not fit in with the song. I've got a few friends who I could ask around if they know of anyone who does vocals.

Yeah, the bass is just a little bit loud that I could hear a tiny bit of clipping so I'm gonna have to lower the mix volume on the bass when I release the actual song live. Hmm, I tried picking up any disharmonies @ around the 4:30 mark but couldn't pick off anything that sounded out of place. What did you listen to this on? Maybe you hear something I don't but I'll have a look at that section.

Thanks again for listening :)

i think you can get away with just some vocal chops tbh, to get that spacey trance feel, and also some variation to the chords maybe so it doest feel the same through out. overall its a good mix and i look forward to hear the end product! :)

Hi there! That trancey track is well produced! I just feel a lack of catchy lead/melody. Vocal could remedy for that or instead of vocals, a stronger melody would certainly fit.
Overall this track is flowing and synths are dreamy behind the strong basses.

Hi E1GHTH PLACE, cool tack :) The kick is a bit too boomy for my taste but the overall mix I like!

As for vocalists: Maybe you could ask some local bands from your hometown whether they would be interested in a collab. E. g. you could start with remixing one or a few of their tracks and when things come together I can imagine that a singer would also be open for a collaboration on one of your original tracks.

Thanks a lot for the replies, everyone! It really means a lot that you took the time to leave your feedback :)

I've been tearing up my DAW with so much music lately, I'm on a writer's blitz, yooo lol! XD

Anyway, I'll be taking your feedback into consideration and I can agree with what you're saying in regards to lacking a catchy lead/melody, lack of chord progression, boomy kick, etc., so I'll be taking the time to remedy those issues. As the song stands currently, I'm not impressed with it and know I can do so much better, but that's why it's WIP :)

Hey man, Really liked this track, was bobbin my head the whole time. Just like the others said, it sounds like either your sub or kick is a little too loud and makes it sound a little muddy. I also couldnt really connect the notes you used on your sub with any of the other melodies in the song. That might just be a by product of the bass frequencies not being too clear though. And just like Knapptkul said, even just some quick vocal chops you nab off youtube or sometime could even work just to keep our ears a little suprised. Sweet song though, itll def be nice once its polished :D

I really liked the vibe in this one. definitely has some sweet potential - I think the main stuff has been covered already, and I'd agree, but just wanted to give you props man. Keep it smashing it!

Thanks a lot for listening and providing feedback @HngR and @Yellit :D

I've made some slight alterations to it and have polished the bass and kick a little more so it definitely sounds cleaner and not too harsh on the ears.

With that said, I have kinda put this song on the back burner for now since I've been focused on writing a different song entirely which is finished but it's not quite there yet with the mixing (a couple of the tracks sound really thin and need to remove any unnecessary frequencies) which has ALWAYYYSSSSS been such an issue for me D:
Once I have the chance today, I'll likely be uploading this song. :)

Back