Selena Gomez x Marshmello - Wolves (TommyV Remix)

TommyV

Heyyyyyy, everyone. its been ages since my last production (as always... :/ ). But luckily, throughout a couple of months found some spare evenings to create this groovy track.
After listening a bunch of other remixes of this notorius song, realized my track is different from all the other genres, and would fit in in with its "uniqueness" flavour very well...

But it is all for you people to decide... happy listening and let me know what you think! :)

Hey TommyV! I really like your remix man! I like the chill house vibe you created with the vocals. One thing that stood out to me was that some of your percussion wasn't in key. I would try making sure that the pitch of all your percussive elements fits in key with the rest of the track! Otherwise, loved it! The drop was really great energy management. Explosive in the chillest way :) good stuff

Hey TommyV! I really like your remix man! I like the chill house vibe you created with the vocals. One thing that stood out to me was that some of your percussion wasn't in key. I would try making sure that the pitch of all your percussive elements fits in key with the rest of the track! Otherwise, loved it! The drop was really great energy management. Explosive in the chillest way :) good stuff

Thanks a lot! honestly i never realized that percussion's tune is also important as the kick drum's...from now on ill try to make even the white noise sound in tune( get it :DD ?) and thanks for the insight, compliments and very valuable info!

Last edited:
Woah, this is a fabulous remix and honestly so much better than the original. This was really smooth to listen to from start to finish. I really liked the swell pads (sounds like it to me anyways) during the chorus. Your sound design is great, your mixing is great but I also have to agree with Kimble on the percussion in terms of tuning it in key to the song. The second percussive hit is like a semi-tone or two higher than it should be and it’s just a matter of fine tuning it so it follows in key. Sometimes, you could get away without tuning your percussion but for this track, that second note needs to just be slightly fine tuned. Other than that, great track, lots of energy and looking forward to hearing more of your stuff!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Woah, this is a fabulous remix and honestly so much better than the original. This was really smooth to listen to from start to finish. I really liked the swell pads (sounds like it to me anyways) during the chorus. Your sound design is great, your mixing is great but I also have to agree with Kimble on the percussion in terms of tuning it in key to the song. The second percussive hit is like a semi-tone or two higher than it should be and it’s just a matter of fine tuning it so it follows in key. Sometimes, you could get away without tuning your percussion but for this track, that second note needs to just be slightly fine tuned. Other than that, great track, lots of energy and looking forward to hearing more of your stuff!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Thanks a lot man! really really apprectiate your compliments and criticism. It is funny because i like the mixing part too, however futurehousemusic.net wrote me this: "A thing that could use some more attention is the mixing.Every element (kick, clap, bass, synths) should be hearable. Try to first find the right balance and be sure to cut all the unnecessary low frequencies."

Last edited:
Hey man. I'll be honest I wasn't expecting your track to be this good. Really loving the old school progressive house vibes I'm getting from this.
I agree with Kimble with the percussion being in key. I think he was talking about the little "blop" at around 1:22. Would've loved to have heard it raised up a semitone.

I DO however agree that the mix isn't perfect. It's doesn't bother me because it's pretty much already 90% of the way there and the composition/arrangement totally makes up for it.The chords are great and complement the vocal perfectly. Lot of variation so I don't get bored at any point listening to it. One thing that I'm noticing is that the "tick" of the kick could probably hit higher. I'd recommend layering it with one of the "clicks" from "kick 2" and it would really help give the kick more of the necessary high end to cut through.

I'm a sucker for string breakdowns so that part came out really cool. I'd say try to focus a little more on the mixing of the vocal especially in that section. My philosophy is that the vocal is the most important part of the track so you definitely wanna make sure that it always has the necessary "high end" (10k) to poke through the mix. You can also put a mid-side eq on the master and target the 3k region in ONLY the middle region to really bring the vocal to the front of the mix.

Also I don't know if you know this or if you've done it before but a really cool mastering trick you can do is whip out a "mid side" eq and remove pretty much all the side information up to about 150hz. It can really help clean up the low end stereo image in a track.

I also find your master to be somewhat warm which isn't bad but it might be able to use a little bit of a boost in the upper regions of the EQ spectrum. I feel like the energy of the drop isn't being maximized because it's lacking "presence". So maybe grab an EQ and try opening the master up a bit! It sort of sounds like it's underneath a blanket.

What string library are you using for the breaks if you don't mine me asking? That sounded really cool.

EDIT: Would you mind if I could get a download? :) (dannydawiz@yahoo.com)

Last edited:
Hey man. I'll be honest I wasn't expecting your track to be this good. Really loving the old school progressive house vibes I'm getting from this.
I agree with Kimble with the percussion being in key. I think he was talking about the little "blop" at around 1:22. Would've loved to have heard it raised up a semitone.

I DO however agree that the mix isn't perfect. It's doesn't bother me because it's pretty much already 90% of the way there and the composition/arrangement totally makes up for it.The chords are great and complement the vocal perfectly. Lot of variation so I don't get bored at any point listening to it. One thing that I'm noticing is that the "tick" of the kick could probably hit higher. I'd recommend layering it with one of the "clicks" from "kick 2" and it would really help give the kick more of the necessary high end to cut through.

I'm a sucker for string breakdowns so that part came out really cool. I'd say try to focus a little more on the mixing of the vocal especially in that section. My philosophy is that the vocal is the most important part of the track so you definitely wanna make sure that it always has the necessary "high end" (10k) to poke through the mix. You can also put a mid-side eq on the master and target the 3k region in ONLY the middle region to really bring the vocal to the front of the mix.

Also I don't know if you know this or if you've done it before but a really cool mastering trick you can do is whip out a "mid side" eq and remove pretty much all the side information up to about 150hz. It can really help clean up the low end stereo image in a track.

I also find your master to be somewhat warm which isn't bad but it might be able to use a little bit of a boost in the upper regions of the EQ spectrum. I feel like the energy of the drop isn't being maximized because it's lacking "presence". So maybe grab an EQ and try opening the master up a bit! It sort of sounds like it's underneath a blanket.

What string library are you using for the breaks if you don't mine me asking? That sounded really cool.

EDIT: Would you mind if I could get a download? :) (dannydawiz@yahoo.com)

Sorry for late reply, been very busy this week...but really grateful for your extensive, positive and analytical comment man!

Yeah, the mid side EQing is still a bit a mystery to me at the moment, i use it very sparingly, but definetely will note your tip about low end mid side eq.

Libraries i used for strings are 8dio adaggieto mixed with spitfire audio strings. But a lot of post processing went into them as well... i split them all in sections- bass, cello, viola, violins, EQed each of them, added vintage warmer, 70s reverb, as well as automated the sustain, then glue compressor on the top- hope that helps ;)

Thanks once again for your time and have a nice day!

I'm in awe of this track, you are a really amazing and professional-sounding producer to me man! Love it :-D

Really fitting the mediterranean vibes here in Spain! Ibiza yeah!

Back