Seeking feedback on Trance originals

Its nice! If anything, more sub maybe?
This is the only criticism, i have to be honest. Are you using bass heavy cans or some speaker with artificial bass added? I switch between my cans and my surround sound because the subwoofer can create a lot of artificial bass that isn't present in the mix and when I go back to my cans it sounds very muddy. All in all, your track is very good. Keep it up and don't give up!

This is the only criticism, i have to be honest. Are you using bass heavy cans or some speaker with artificial bass added? I switch between my cans and my surround sound because the subwoofer can create a lot of artificial bass that isn't present in the mix and when I go back to my cans it sounds very muddy. All in all, your track is very good. Keep it up and don't give up!

1- Thanks for listening. Seriously, I appreciate it and thanks for giving feedback as well.

2- Could you elaborate on the comment regarding the bass levels?

I hadn't noticed an issue with the bass. I intentionally roll off lower end frequencies because I find that they steal way too much headroom from the overall mix and I would rather have my entire track sound clean and have everything come through clearly than have a "boomy" sound which will turn to distortion and problems on a bass heavy system. (It is possible I have taken that too far...)

I do have to mix in headphones (sennheiser HD 280) a lot due to having a wife and kids and job and winding up doing much of my studio work late at night when the family is sleeping. That said I have a sub in my monitoring system and I also mixed the entire album on to QSC K12s with a 15in sub and it sounded clean on that system, with the system tuned based on dance tracks that I know well.

My aim is to have the whole mix, bass included come thru clear on any system, from earbuds to laptops to full on club soundsystem with subs. I thought the bass was mixed at a level where a sub would give it that little extra push without getting muddy. I guess I will have to crank up the big speakers again and double check.

3- Any feedback on the songwriting? Arrangement? Sounds?

Back