SECRET PLACE [Future bass] : is the intro ok, or too basic?

Xenon2

Hi!

My new track in progress… I have used simple synths for the intro to give an intimate feeling, but maybe too simple? Thanks if you have a feedback.

Note : picture artwork is from Pixiv... just for showing an ambiance.

Last edited:
Hello! So I have a few things:
1. If you're going for a more intimate/ambient feel, then keep it simple. Simple isn't a bad thing in this context, which works very well.
2. The snare tone doesn't fit very well, when it comes in. I know it's a work in progress but I would aim for a less obtrusive snare, add some more wet to the reverb to really stick to that intimate feeling. When it goes into the B section it sounds fine.
Keep it up!

Thanks for your feedback!
I agree that snare does not really fit, it need a rework. It is too dry and not really punchy. I'll see that.

I really enjoy the simplistic, ambient vibe to it. The chords are wonderful, but I feel like you may have the 2nd lead layer filtering in too quickly, perhaps the intro should evolve slower. I agree that the percussion does not fit the track, however, I still think it should be there, just a different sound or maybe layered with other percussion. Overall, I really like it, the melody and the chords are fantastic.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll take attention to this. That's true I was worried the track start too late after the intro.
I always works the medoly and chords first, but I have a lack to put the bass/drum perferfectly fit.

I love the way how ambience it is.

What i would do is to add maybe small vocal chops with ALOT OF REVERB AND DELAY. Just to fill upp the backround noise a bit.

Otherwise you got a solid track.

Back