A Remix of Demi Lovato and Cheat Codes' "No Promises"

thugsy15

Hey there. Here is my version of the song "No Promises" by Cheat Codes and Demi Lovato. Really enjoyed doing this one. It's for a remix competition at Wavo.me. Let me know what you think and leave a link to your stuff and I will definitely check it out. And if you like my remix, I would appreciate a vote on wavo.
No Promises (feat. Demi Lovato) (Vench Remix) | Wavo

ha Demi Lovato, nice. She's cool. I have her on snap lol. The remix is good! The melodies are nicely done and tropical. It's a cool idea. I think the swaying style beat fits nicely.
The only thing I would recommend is maybe work on the production (mixing). I would brighten the lead synth more so it'll make the whole tune "pop". It's an upbeat pop tune so you would want a bright sounding lead.
The melodies (notes, and chords) are really tight! It's a happy tune. I like it. Good job yo.

Last edited:
ha Demi Lovato, nice. She's cool. I have her on snap lol. The remix is good! The melodies are nicely done and tropical. It's a cool idea. I think the swaying style beat fits nicely.
The only thing I would recommend is maybe work on the production (mixing). I would brighten the lead synth more so it'll make the whole tune "pop". It's an upbeat pop tune so you would want a bright sounding lead.
The melodies (notes, and chords) are really tight! It's a happy tune. I like it. Good job yo.

Haha. yeah, she cool. I get what you mean on the synth man. Didn't really noticed that until now. This is why feedbacks are important. Hearing the track over and over during mixing makes me overlook some things. Thanks man!

Thanks for my feedback, I like your track it bounces along nicely and I like the sounds you have used. as epsilon said just work on the mixing side as the song structure is nice. I have liked and reposted on soundcloud, well done mate :)

I havn't heard the original but I would agree wit previous comments. While the percussion in tight, the lead sounds like its low passed which takes a lot from the intensity of the drop. Cheers

I havn't heard the original but I would agree wit previous comments. While the percussion in tight, the lead sounds like its low passed which takes a lot from the intensity of the drop. Cheers

Thanks! Will just re-upload after the remix contest.

Love the arrangement of the song and your use of transitions are spot on. The only thing I can really add is that I feel like the song can use some more low end. Overall great work!

Back