Purple Wish (Progressive House) - F4F

Hey, really nice track! Not much input I can really give other than that since I'm only a beginner in this stuff:D

Really like the kick though, its nice and snappy, but still breathes depth in to the track nicely! Have to also say that I liked your other track choco latte, the percussions sit nicer in that track:)

Ooo this is cool and very unique! The drum rhythms are very interesting and mixed quite well. I really like that sound that comes in a fades out once in a while, don't know what it is, but its like something tapping and fading away. All your sounds work great together. Nice job!

Check out mine! sorcerers-apprentice-bass-remix

Hey, really nice track! Not much input I can really give other than that since I'm only a beginner in this stuff:D

Really like the kick though, its nice and snappy, but still breathes depth in to the track nicely! Have to also say that I liked your other track choco latte, the percussions sit nicer in that track:)

Thanks man! I got a lot of feedback on my kicks, so I've been putting in a lot of work to get it right. And yea, choco latte's an old fav :)

Ooo this is cool and very unique! The drum rhythms are very interesting and mixed quite well. I really like that sound that comes in a fades out once in a while, don't know what it is, but its like something tapping and fading away. All your sounds work great together. Nice job!

That sound is a low pitched quick perc that's echoing to the right channel. I echo a lot of my hi hats the same way, just more obvious with lower pitched stuff :) Thanks a bunch for listening and commenting!

Sounds very nice.
Only thing I got thinking of is that it's a little sloppy and unstable scale-wise. It doesn't sound "false", but it sounds like some of the faster melodies don't catch up with the fundamental notes/chords.

pretty complex rhythm, i have the feeling it needs more steadiness or maybe a little less sidechaining, but very nice work!

i love this track. great use of rythm with the drums. I dont think it sounds sloppy at all, really good stuff.

Just had a listen to this track on my way to work, sounded pretty good to be honest! The drums are tight and has fairly complex pattern that sounds interesting. One thing I really missed in this progressive house track was a proper progression, at this point you just revert back to the same part you played in the beginning.. That's not very progressive in my book. But none the less it sounds cool, whatever genre you might label this with.

Also have to agree with steffeh a bit here, I hear a lot of notes that could very well just have been left out. Like you have notes in the melody that fills holes but doesn't add much.

Not much else to say other than keep making music, it's bound to get better each time :-)

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the criticisms, I really appreciate it!

The advice on the notes is interesting. I used a bit of portamento on many of the synths in this track, (even the basses), so perhaps that has something to do with the way the faster notes sound?

@Wallengard: So true on the progression part. I thought maybe it'd help lend more of a chill feeling to just revert back, but I will definitely keep that in mind!

Thanks again peeps :)

Back