[Progressive] Vocoderem & Retribution

Hello guys, with these two releases I am abandoning anything that have to do with dance, trance, electro etc.. and I am moving to more experimental and darker spectre (dark ambient, dark orchestra, electronic orchestra), it doesn't feel good for me to keep changing genres so much and it sure as well doesn't fit the listeners as well, confusing is the right term to define my channel on soundcloud, this is why I decided to pave my way just one route, anyway, let's talk about the tracks that I am posting bellow:

Retribution: This is a progressive trance that I made in a week, much more relaxing than Vocoderem and the main aspect of this song is probably the melody, I hope You find it listenable to :D

Vocoderem: I can't really tell what genre it is but it is coming close to progressive house. I have been making this track for over six months and main aspects in this track are the talkbox (vocoder) and the melody, I hope You find it listenable to too :)

PS. Made in Renoise

I love this kind of stuff! For the first track i'd say try and control the bass in the drop, as it's slightly messy, have you tried highpassing the harmonic element of the bass and using a sine wave below? Overall though the harmonic mood of the track (dark) is really great to hear. Sounds like you have great melodic potential, my biggest advice to you is to just go for it and let your mind loose on the melodic content (as well as the basses etc.)

The second track had great potential but i wpuld have liked maybe more treble on the talkbox to really hear it better, and maybe some more variation. However .i really did like the idea and thought it was cool.

Great work! Enjoyed it. If you could, it would be great if you could leave feedback on my track 'core of the earth', it's a cinematic EDM song with movie soundtrack influences and i think you'd like it .it's in the same subforum as this! Thanks muchly!

Last edited:
retribution sounds like the soundtrack when exploring some hasty space-cavern lol. I enjoyed it! I think the arpeggio-part could be more present/clear. It sounds a bit muddy, which it shouldnt since it plays such an important role in this song.

Back