One of the newest tracks, would love some feedback! [tech/house]

ZiloZile

Hello everyone, my first post here and this is my take on a prog house song. I put a tech/house twist to it. I really like percussions and subtle details and spent most of the time there.
Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
This sounds great. The subtle details really make this track stand out nicely. I would personally like to hear like some lead vocals or some sort of lead synth, but that is just me and what I'm used to. The minimal techno sound is neat, I'm toally digging it. It would be neat to hear maybe some different pad sounds throughout the dfferent sections just kind of fading in and out like what you do with the cymbal roll sounds. Good work!

I am a sucker for hypnotic repetitiveness just like this, so far a couple of minutes into it things flow nicely and smooth, except for that clap which is completely detached from the rest of the mix (I strongly suggest you do something about it, at least I didn't like that at all). The break is cool, there's something about a track when you still got a groove going when there's almost no drums in the breaks. I thought the parts to come after that could've had something else happening to it, right now it doesn't sound like it's going anywhere, as most of the sounds you add are just more of the same type, it's not taking your track places. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big fan of repetitive music but if you want people to keep digging that same rhythm it has to be absolutely spot on at all times or something else needs to happen. A synth with a cool riff to get the track slightly out of the path it's on could do wonders. I also appreciate the amount of detail you put into all the varieties of the sounds you have. Still, something new wouldn't hurt.

If you're interested check out you could have a go at my track as well;
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-house-dance/why-dont-we-see-chillout-491590/

Keep up the good work, am looking forward to hearing how you progress.

Wow! Great feedback....totally agree about the addition of a synth. Getting to work right away.
And will definitely check it out!

I love this! This is groovy as hell and such music is meant to be repetitive, so I don't really mind! If you try to spice this up a bit I would suggest that you don't try to add anything that changes the character of this song too much, it should feel like a conitunation of your ideas so far! If you try something totally new though, it should be REALLY good in order to work, not a half hearted attempt at trying to add something "new" to it. About the clap: try to layer it with some clap that has some meat to it, so it feels more connected to the bass.

Would be cool to get some feedback from you!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-glass-animals-hazey-wiroks-remix-f4f-495428/

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah..i am stuck, I did add a dark arp synth but it took away from the original feel of the track. I agree about the clap...going to try that. Thanks!

PS your link does not seem to be working, would love to return the favor and give you some feedback as well.

This is dope dude! Everything sounds well mixed and there is a good amount of transitions and variation. Personally though for me it feels a tad empty. Maybe try occasionally layering a synth pad in the background to fill it out a bit. Good work tho man! Keep it up!

Back