New Industrial Track - First Time Singing (Machine Samples, Real Guitar, Metal Hits)

TripToy

I made the base track for this song several months back but never finished it. I purchased a RODE NT1 (2014) recently and used it for the vocals on this song. I don't normally sing, but I'm trying to learn. My friend Quinn came over and recorded the guitar you hear in the 2nd half. The rest of the guitar is just synth. I'm looking for some honest feedback. I'm hoping to do a white label release of this as a single sometime in the next few months.

https://soundcloud.com/trip-toy/machine-over-will

aSiqQuP.jpg

Last edited:
I like all the concept, name of the song goes really well together with atmosphere of track.
Everythng sounds clean and on the right times.
Good work!

I love the bass line, and the distortion adds to it. The vocals are pretty good, but I'm not sure if it's the mix or if you compressed it too much, it doesn't stand out that much at all times. Unless that's how you wanted it. But great track :) I'm going to follow you on Soundcloud.

I love the bass line, and the distortion adds to it. The vocals are pretty good, but I'm not sure if it's the mix or if you compressed it too much, it doesn't stand out that much at all times. Unless that's how you wanted it. But great track :) I'm going to follow you on Soundcloud.

Yeah, the "chorus" repeats a couple times at the beginning. After the first iteration, I faded it into a vocoder which made it hard to understand, kind of made it sound a little bloody/mechanical. The next time the "chorus" plays I added a melody that kind of sounded like a weird flange guitar layered over the top, which broke up the repetition. During the very hard to hear parts it's basically just glitched out "God where are you?" over all the noise, which was said loud and clear right before with no music in the background. I tried to make sure you heard the chorus and verse at least once before doing crazy effects.

Last edited:

Yeah, the "chorus" repeats a couple times at the beginning. After the first iteration, I faded it into a vocoder which made it hard to understand, kind of made it sound a little bloody/mechanical. The next time the "chorus" plays I added a melody that kind of sounded like a weird flange guitar layered over the top, which broke up the repetition. During the very hard to hear parts it's basically just glitched out "God where are you?" over all the noise, which was said loud and clear right before with no music in the background. I tried to make sure you heard the chorus and verse at least once before doing crazy effects.

Oh ok, well I like it. that's a lot of experimentation. A lot of people kinda get anal about unclear vocals, so I like that you broke out of that.

Like this a lot my friend, this music is nice and fresh in a way, bringing a new flavor I haven't heard much of..

Like the "mind over matter" in beginning then changes to "machine over will". I had no problems hearing the vocals (god,whereareyou) and enjoyed the effects you used throughout. Sounds a lot like the NIN and Marilyn Manson material I like. Wish I could be more helpful but I'm quite new, still learning terminology and all.

If you have time:
Soundcloud.com/rhorains/believe
Thanks!

Oh ok, well I like it. that's a lot of experimentation. A lot of people kinda get anal about unclear vocals, so I like that you broke out of that.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I can probably drop the kick or the bass on one of the other verses to make certain parts more audible. If you noticed in one part the metal snare only hits in between the vocals. I tried my best to make this crowded song clear for the vocals as much as possible, but I think you're right, I can probably improve it to an extent.

Like this a lot my friend, this music is nice and fresh in a way, bringing a new flavor I haven't heard much of..

Like the "mind over matter" in beginning then changes to "machine over will". I had no problems hearing the vocals (god,whereareyou) and enjoyed the effects you used throughout. Sounds a lot like the NIN and Marilyn Manson material I like. Wish I could be more helpful but I'm quite new, still learning terminology and all.

If you have time:
Soundcloud.com/rhorains/believe
Thanks!

I listen to a lot of NIN and Marilyn Manson myself, I draw quite a bit of influence from them as well as KMFDM. It's not important if you're new or not. Your personal experience and opinion is more than enough :-)

I'll check your song as soon as I'm back in my bedroom studio.

Back