new deep house track: 'Comes In Threes' - feedback please, f4f

Hey Totta, thanks for the insightful feedback on my track! Appreciate it!

I'm digging your track, and like you said, it sounds like its still in the mixing stages. There is nothing that sticks out like "this needs to be fixed!" but here are some things that I think would help, even though they might be a matter of my personal tastes:

-Claps could be a little thicker and juicier. Perhaps try layering a few more?
-Is the cowbell that comes in around 0:31 in the same key as the song?
-The kick is on point, I wouldn't mind it being a bit more up front in the mix.
-Maybe lower the bass synth one more octave to increase the range of the song?

Overall man the arrangement is great. I don't know if you master lightly or heavily, but I think the track would be dope if more of the elements were thicker, but you probably are going to get to that. Keep it up man and repost when you are finished!

thanks for the detailed feed on my track,

- i like little melody at the intro
- i dont really like the detuned bass sound layered at 1:55, i think it gives too much low end and it could turn out be a little muddy. idk but eq can solve this, if not try with another synth sound/preset
- the break at 2:55 its perfect, the combination between the beat and that nice pad makes this section real solid.

ive also checked "kaleidoscope" on your sc profile, and i think its a solid track :cheers:

The break down right around 2:30 is amazing, personal favorite part of the song. Personally I would make the calls a little stronger as I feel the get lost in the sounds of the baseline/melody. Love the the kick though. Great song.

I like how it gets right into something you can latch onto. also a catchy melody which is nice.

I actually think its quite good, somewhat reminiscent (to me) of boarder community, or caribou.

when it changes to that bass line (the drop?) I might add in little things for variation little wisps of static or a 808 conga hit here or there just to have a bit of variation. Good stuff thoguh

awesome, some great replies in there!

@Jaust Can definitely add in some perc variation around the bass. thanks for the comparison to Caribou, love that guy ;)

@Kubbie thanks dude, much appreciated. What do you mean when you talk about the "calls", im not familiar with that phrase

@wwu - interesting point about the bass at 1.55, i often tend to make my tracks to bass heavy to begin with so will def look into this

@DVJordan
-Claps could be a little thicker and juicier. Perhaps try layering a few more? - definitely, the snare was just placeholder really so will be looking to thicken that up next
-Is the cowbell that comes in around 0:31 in the same key as the song? - was a last minute thing i added in for variation, i kinda like the off note sound but could be mixed better
-Maybe lower the bass synth one more octave to increase the range of the song? will try this, cheers

cheers guys! :)

Back