Need help on my (rock/electronic/experimental) song.

dubwell

Hello. So i started to make this song and it went from an acoustic guitar song to a rock to IDM to a trip hop song with a 6/8 time signature.
I really want your input. Is it too short? not mixed well?

If you provide real feedback im more than happy to credit you in the description of the song for helping. May get you 1 or 2 more views.

here is the direct link. https://soundcloud.com/circuit-bored/untitled-new/s-4wwxk

this is a private link so you cant find it on my home page yet.

Thank you so much in advance.

Last edited:
I really like the guitar, the chord progression around 0:50 is really good also, very melancholy sounding. I think vocals would really help bring this song to life. I like what you did with the reverse guitar chords, sounds spacey and unique. The drums are a little basic, but they work well for the song. I think some tom fills would help though. The lead guitar at the end is very nice also. I would love to hear some strings or a pad at this part playing the basic chords but voiced with a nice melody/countermelody for the high voices. I don't think it's too short, but I do think you could add more elements to some parts of the song to make it a little more complex. This wouldn't be necessary at all with vocals though.

Overall I like the ideas, keep working on it and thanks for your feedback on my song.

I think some tom fills would help though. The lead guitar at the end is very nice also. I would love to hear some strings or a pad at this part playing the basic chords but voiced with a nice melody/countermelody for the high voices.

I have been considering doing vocals but I'm a bit shy about it. Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm gonna go back in and add some toms for the fills and also maybe some elements like those pads you mentioned.
Thanks for the feedback!

The guitar work in this is so nice, your transitions from acoustic to electric and then playing the sample in reverse are flawless.
Very relaxing, I feel like if you added some high guitar notes over the top it could give it a bit more flavor, also some vocals would sound great this track.
Overall its nice, there are opportunities to pick up the pace and you could make some more prominent drums but I respect if you're just keeping it mellow.

Keep it up!

There's some really good stuff in here. My initial impression is that this could either fit as the background montage music on a movie or as a transition song in a Gorillaz album. I mean both as complements. Very chill and I suspect that's what you were going for. I don't know that I have much to add other than some atmospheric elements (an FX pad or two) could really improve the overall ambience. Well done.

If you have time, would love to hear your thoughts on this.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ump-progressive-trance-house-elements-515590/

I get a huge gorillaz outtake vibe from that track. The composition keeps changing up throughout.
I feel like the way the guitar sounds...it sounds like an actual one. I'll assume that's an actual acoustic because of the nuances.

Overalll you've set up a mood and backstory for the track, and managed to keep it flowing for a pretty long time.

Back